Buying Advice Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #31  
If you can afford the best why did you settle for a Kubota? Everyone knows John Deere is the best.
Obvious troll post. JD has the best koolaid.

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #33  
If you can afford the best why did you settle for a Kubota? Everyone knows John Deere is the best.
If it is, why don't you have one? I live in JD country and I run Kubota ag tractors. Interestingly, my JD farmer friends all tell me I made the right choice. Candidly, I have a few JD implements and I've found that buying replacement parts that JD is extremely proud of them.

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #34  
If it is, why don't you have one? I live in JD country and I run Kubota ag tractors. Interestingly, my JD farmer friends all tell me I made the right choice. Candidly, I have a few JD implements and I've found that buying replacement parts that JD is extremely proud of them.
Because it is a silly argument. Many people feel that way about whatever brand the own. It does not make sense to bash other brands because you think you have the best.

Kubota makes a good tractor and so does Kioti. John Deere makes a good tractor and I have farmed using them. We also farmed with IH tractors too. All of them did what we needed.

The OP has narrowed down the choice to Kioti or Kubota and either will serve him well. He should pick the one he is most comfortable on and with.

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #35  
I am familiar with the Kioti 6620 and that is one tough well built heavy machine, I guess it all comes down to what shade of orange paint you like the best.

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #36  
Resale on Kubota will be much higher than on a Kioti.
Sad this is what some folks base there buying choice on.I purchased my tractors for the long haul not what I can get on trade.And yes I own kubota and Deere products also.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 226
  • Ford Truck 181.jpg
    Ford Truck 181.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 213
  • Ford Truck 122.jpg
    Ford Truck 122.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 347
  • tempImage5OlBno.jpg
    tempImage5OlBno.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,014
  • tempImageI4OWuN.jpg
    tempImageI4OWuN.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 550

Last edited:
   / Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #37  
I think the difference between John Deere and Kubota on the larger side (100HP and up) is this:
Kubota will cost you less up front, but begin to cost you more on the back end in depreciation at ~5000 hours or more. Kubota also tends to lean towards a lighter build weight.
Deere will cost you more up front, but at ~5000 hours and greater, they will hold resale value better*. They also usually weigh a bit more, especially over 100HP.

*better depending on model. Economy model Deere’s will be no better than Kubota. High end model Deere’s will get more resale.

On the smaller side, especially 25-75HP, Kubota has the advantage in sheer numbers, name recognition, dealer support. They also benefit from their in-house parts and assemblies chains. They make almost the entire tractor, whereas Deere tends to sub from Yanmar or others.

This is really a Kubota dominated website, since it tends to attract mostly small tractor operators and Kubota is the king of small tractors.

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #38  
Resale on Kubota will be much higher than on a Kioti.
I liked my Massey 1250 so much that I kept it for 27 years. I like my Kioti even better than the Massey so that is not an issue. Is there a reason you are thinking of selling yours? What's wrong with it?

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #39  
Timely thread for me. I am debating between the Kioti 7320 Cab, the M7060 Cab, and the M4D Cab. All with third function and two rear remotes.

7320, $43,900
M7060, $51,500
M4D, $55,000

The biggest challenge right now even without the price differences is just getting one in a reasonable amount of time. I had am MX5800 and it was a really good, reliable machine so I am probably willing to spend a bit more for a Kubota. The M4D's are nice and I do prefer the right hand shifters on the Kubotas, but I am not sure there is 10k+ difference.

My other challenge is I want R4's or R14's. The Kioti dealers seems to be a bit more flexible on getting me what I want.

All are from dealers 30 minutes from my house (and everything is 30 minutes from my house) and all have been in business a minimum of 10 years.

Decisions, Decisions

/ Kioti RX6620 vs Kubota M4D-61 #40  
Timely thread for me. I am debating between the Kioti 7320 Cab, the M7060 Cab, and the M4D Cab. All with third function and two rear remotes.

7320, $43,900
M7060, $51,500
M4D, $55,000

The biggest challenge right now even without the price differences is just getting one in a reasonable amount of time. I had am MX5800 and it was a really good, reliable machine so I am probably willing to spend a bit more for a Kubota. The M4D's are nice and I do prefer the right hand shifters on the Kubotas, but I am not sure there is 10k+ difference.

My other challenge is I want R4's or R14's. The Kioti dealers seems to be a bit more flexible on getting me what I want.

All are from dealers 30 minutes from my house (and everything is 30 minutes from my house) and all have been in business a minimum of 10 years.

Decisions, Decisions
MX5800 and M4 go so nicely together though.

0AB4A9D0-BA04-47EB-A8EE-E857CB7CB2D2.jpeg