Kioti vs. Kubota comps

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #31  
Foeman, respectfully, I think you're off on your Kub. ldr. spec. There is a considerable difference (less) oon the 3940 ldr. vs. the DK40. I don't have my specs. w/ me but did a comparison the other day and the 40 was quite a bit higher.

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #32  
Kubota L3950 ***** Kioti Dk40SE

3pt.lift @24in.2,760 ***** 3pt.lift @24in.2,493
LDR lift 2,760 ***** LDR lift 2,761

So I dont see were the kioti loader lifts way more than the kubota as someone said earlier all I can see between the two is that the kubota can handle more on 3pt.Not any of the other tractor owners are going to state the parts the other brand beats them in!!!
Did Kubota just introduce a new Grand L model and loader? What is an L3950 and which loader are you referring to for the Kubota?
L3940 should have been able to figure that out!!and kubota 3pt should have been 2756 lbs
The Kubota Grand L3940 has the LA724 loader which is rated at 1,865 lbs at the pivot pins which is a far cry from the Kioti's 2,761 lbs at the pivot pins. Then again, you "should have been able to figure that out!!" :rolleyes:
Even the bigger L5240 is only rated at 2,489 lbs.
Before snapping at those trying to make sense out of the BS your putting up here, try getting your facts straight. Here is the page straight from the Kubota website where I got my information, now where did you get yours?
http://kubota.com/assets/product/comps/L40/Grand-L40-Series-implements-comps.pdf (Page 3)

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #33  
foreman Etexas said:
I looked it up,on there site,cause I wonted to see if this statement was correct

Which Kubota loader are you referring to? Some have two available but last time I checked the Kubota specs neither of the loaders for the 3940 came close to the KL401 in max lift.

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #34  
I think you mistook the 3pt. lift # as the ldr. lift. The ldr. lift I believe is @18-1900 lbs. Even the bigger ldr. on the 4240 is less than the DK40.

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #35  
Foeman, respectfully, I think you're off on your Kub. ldr. spec. There is a considerable difference (less) oon the 3940 ldr. vs. the DK40. I don't have my specs. w/ me but did a comparison the other day and the 40 was quite a bit higher.

Your Alright:thumbsup:

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #36  
To O.P., RJJR:

If you live on a hill, no not underestimate the advanced tranny of the Grand L. Will be invaluable. My DK35SE will go anywhere, except for Hi range, where it goes NO WHERE. Even transporting it on the road, it'll barely climb hills in town in Hi gear. Have to STOP, shift into Med (and struggle a bit) and continue. (at a snails pace). Worth $6k over what I paid for my DK35se, hardly. It sure would be nice to have the no-stop 2-speed tranny of the Grand L often.........ok, like EVERYDAY. But seriously, Kioti engineers needed to equip this tractor with a 4-speed hydro. (a gear in-between med & hi) I LOVE my DK except for this (rather major) fault.

Not sure if DK40/DK45 owners fair any better at this. More HP, but their tractors weigh a little more too. Too bad my dealer's lot was fairly flat. :(

My advice.....if you live and/or will transport the tractor on hills.....test it out on a hill. Make sure it'll pull it's own weight........in Hi. And if not, investigate what options you'll have when it won't.

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #37  
Yota the DK40 must have a different set up. My 3 sped Hydro will climb a moderate hill. It will slow down on some of the steeper one's and if I feather the throttle it can make it. For steep hills I have to go down to Med range.

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #38  
My DK40se HST has no trouble climbing moderate hills in high range either. I do it routinely with either a mower or tiller attached.

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #39  
Interesting posts albeit a little lively/sensitive. Bottom line is the Kioti can lift more based on the published specs which is good if you are going to use it.

To the OP, I am in the market for a new tractor and have only considered Kioti and Kubota as I have dealers close by and I feel they are the best two tractors for my needs. I am currently a Kubota owner and have been very pleased with my B20 TLB for 13yrs as it's a little tank and can do almost everything I need. Now I am looking for more HP specifically to help with plowing, discing, etc. so I am looking in the 40-50hp range. Here is what I have found between the two:

DK40SE

Pro:
- Comes with a lot of options
- Fairly nice fit & finish
- The cab was nicely put together but it's not a requirement for me (I'll break a window in the woods)
- Good lift capacity however I would not need the specs quoted as a bucket full of soil or gravel is a bucket full and that's sufficient
- Dealer is a nice fellow

Con:
- Did not like the ride. Not sure what I did but I know how to drive a tractor and it was slow going uphill at the dealer.
- Not sure but felt like it sat very high up and thought that in the woods, it may tip easier??? Not sure but it felt this way.
- Do not like the backhoe setup at all. It appears to be a chore and I will be removing it off and on.
- Dealer will not negotiate. He and another dealer within 30 miles both will not budge and I have heard they 'work together' so I'm stuck with their prices and don't feel I am getting a deal.
- Resale is not so good (not sure why as they seem like nice tractors)

L4400/MX4700/MX5100

Pro:
- Nice basic tractors and am favouring the MX5100 for the $$$
- Kubota is familiar to me and has an excellent reputation
- Very nice fit and finish on the MX series
- Very nice backhoe with more breakout force and connections are better
- Beefy 3pt hitch for plowing, discing, etc.

Con:
- Not a fan of my local dealer and would not buy from him. Another dealer about 20 miles away will give me a better deal and deliver and service.
- Don't get the options Kioti has, e.g. adjustable 3pt arms, for similar price

If I recall the numbers correctly, I can get the DK40SE, loader, R4's with backhoe for $36,000 and the MX5100, loader, R4's, block heater with backhoe for $36,300 (I could be off a few hundred). Overall, I like the MX5100 because of: Kubota reputation, backhoe capacity and fit, overall fit and finish of the tractor (I guess you could say 'look of tractor) appears nicer to me. Now to be very fair, I would have to compare the Grand L series and the price would be a lot higher for Kubota but I do not need those extras.

So to the OP, both tractors are very nice. The two models you are comparing I believe are closer comparisons, e.g. options. The Kioti has greater lifting capacity with with loader, you need to determine whether this is your most important requirement.

/ Kioti vs. Kubota comps #40  
$36K for a DK40SE TLB? You guys are at par(and have been there for quite a while), that is highway robbery. I have not priced the Kioti TLB here, but I am guessing around $30K. You will not go wrong with a 'bota..great tractor all around.