Kubot MX5200 vs MX4800

/ Kubot MX5200 vs MX4800 #1  

steveo1820

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 165
Anyone have any experience on jobs a MX5200 can handle that a MX4800 cannot? I'm seeing a price gap that makes me think I could get by with a MX4800 instead of the MX5200. I will be getting one with a loader + 4WD, will be mowing about 40 acres with 6ft shredder, planting 2-5 acres of food plots, + misc utility work. I want a tractor capable of moving round bales of hay, but do not plan to operate a bailer.

/ Kubot MX5200 vs MX4800 #2  
I don't have experience with either tractor, but looking at the specs the only difference appears to be a turbo charger on the 5200 to give about 5 more HP. The transmission offerings and tractor weight appear the same. I would think that the 4800 would do fine knowing that on some jobs or in tough grass you might have to go a little slower on the 4800. Traction would probably be the limiting factor with ground engaging activities and I doubt you would see any difference there.

About how much difference is there in the price?

/ Kubot MX5200 vs MX4800 #3  
May want to look at threads on the MX5100 vs the MX4700 - (they are the old version of what you are looking at) and everything basically still applies.
Good luck and hope you find the one that works best for you

/ Kubot MX5200 vs MX4800 #4  
The extendable 3-point arms are very nice to have, but it would be difficult for me to put a dollar figure on it.

/ Kubot MX5200 vs MX4800 #5  
The extendable 3-point arms are very nice to have, but it would be difficult for me to put a dollar figure on it.

Isn't there an upgrade kit for that?

My M4700 has them and they make it a lot easier to hook and unhook compared to my B7610 w/o.

/ Kubot MX5200 vs MX4800 #6  
Isn't there an upgrade kit for that?

(extendable 3pt arms). If there is an aftermarket mfg for these, I sure would like to know.

/ Kubot MX5200 vs MX4800 #7  
You can do just fine without the extendable arms. They are nice but you can live without them and I would not buy aftermarket extendable arms.

You will barely notice the difference between the 4800 and 5200. Basically same model with a turbocharger and a higher price tag. I would like to buy a 4800 if I could find a good one around here. Would work alongside my 5100

/ Kubot MX5200 vs MX4800 #8  
You can do just fine without the extendable arms. They are nice but you can live without them and I would not buy aftermarket extendable arms.

Oh I can live without extendable arms. It is the wife that complains about all the kicking and cussing. Still curious if there is an aftermarket mfg.

/ Kubot MX5200 vs MX4800 #9  
Would the telescoping link arms even be an issue if the OP were to use a Speedco-style quickhitch? I haven't used them on my NX4510 since adding a QH.

/ Kubot MX5200 vs MX4800 #10  
Actually, the non-adjustable ends would likely work better with a quick hitch.

You can buy the "Pat's" style aftermarket adjustable ends if you were so inclined. It can cause other connection issues
so read up on it first.