Mowing Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower?

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #111  
It takes horsepower to move weight same as the PTO power will consume horsepower. Drop the loader off and see how it does! That should be nearly a 20% weight reduction depending on if the tires are loaded or not!!

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower?
It takes horsepower to move weight same as the PTO power will consume horsepower. Drop the loader off and see how it does! That should be nearly a 20% weight reduction depending on if the tires are loaded or not!!
It has loaded tires (around 750 lbs) and yes, dropping the loader makes a marked change in the ability to run the mower and go up a slope. If you watch the 2 videos linked earlier you would see all of that discussed and demonstrated in the videos.

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #113  
It has loaded tires (around 750 lbs) and yes, dropping the loader makes a marked change in the ability to run the mower and go up a slope. If you watch the 2 videos linked earlier you would see all of that discussed and demonstrated in the videos.

This thread is like the energizer bunny. It just keeps going and going.

I backed out of the optional R-4 tires on my 3350. Just too many down sides for my purposes, e.g., cannot use with either MMM, cannot use tire chains, requires steering limiter kit which increases turning radius, and, of course, cost. Thanks for the information and photos.

My dealer is charging me $1,160 installed for a third function valve. I think this is excessive. Mind telling me what yours cost if it was itemized?

This thread is like the energizer bunny. It just keeps going and going.

I backed out of the optional R-4 tires on my 3350. Just too many down sides for my purposes, e.g., cannot use with either MMM, cannot use tire chains, requires steering limiter kit which increases turning radius, and, of course, cost. Thanks for the information and photos.

My dealer is charging me $1,160 installed for a third function valve. I think this is excessive. Mind telling me what yours cost if it was itemized?
Mine was $800 for the loader 3rd function installed prior to delivery.

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #115  
Is it possible to mow in a way so that you can mow uphill on a less steep section and down hill on the steeper parts? I find with my front mount blower it's often faster to blow while going down the steeper parts of my driveway and then just back up and make a second pass going down. A few sections I mow I have to do just the opposite as it too steep to drive down without the wheels sliding on my x500 but I can drive up it with no problems. Have you tried just driving up that section of your yard without the PTO engaged? On the steep sections of my drive even with doing nothing else I can notice that it takes a lot of power to drive up it with my 4240.

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #116  
Mine was $800 for the loader 3rd function installed prior to delivery.

Wow!

My dealer treats me well but everyone knows that they are not known for good prices.

Thanks for the information.

SDT

In the B2650 count down thread I posted the invoice showing the breakdown.

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #118  
In the B2650 count down thread I posted the invoice showing the breakdown.

Thanks, RC.

I've searched for the 2650 Count Down thread but have not found it.

Can you provide a link.

Thanks, in advance.

SDT

Thanks, RC.

I've searched for the 2650 Count Down thread but have not found it.

Can you provide a link.

Thanks, in advance.

SDT

Ask and ye shall receive...

Attachments

• Kubota B2650 Purchase Break down.jpg
    Kubota B2650 Purchase Break down.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 115
   / Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #120  
It's my issue related to the size of the mower deck, or the slope of my yard? I'm pondering selling/trading this FDR2572 for a 60", but if I'm not going to see a serious change in performance, I'll just keep this 72".

Please watch the video.

Kubota B2650 with Land Pride FDR2572 in steep slope. - YouTube

Ok, I have been following this thread for a while. It just so happens that I recently purchased the same Landpride FDR2572. I used this for the 1st time on my Kubota B3200 last week. I figured a new cutter for my new tractor would be a good move. Before, I had the Maschio Jolly 180 for about 10 years pulled with my Kubota B7800. The first thing I noticed with the new FDR2572 was that the cutter requires a lot more power to spin the blades and gears than the Maschio did. It requires so much power that I can see where it would be problem going uphill and cutting at the same time. The staggered wheel setup didn't work well on uneven surfaces. It tended to scalp the yard in many places where the Maschio didn't. Because of the extra heavy weight, the cutter tends to wander side to side a lot more. My B3200 doesn't have turnbuckles. So there is no way to keep it steady in the rear. I'm not really thrilled with this cutter. It does a great job on flat level places with the new blades but I'm thinking I should have kept my old Maschio instead to upgrading to this super heavy duty cutter.