Snow Kubota B7800 I want a front snowblower and subframe but my local dealers are unsure of what I need.

/ Kubota B7800 I want a front snowblower and subframe but my local dealers are unsure of what I need. #21  
I think we posted last year about subframe and mid PTO kits for B Series tractors.
B2710,B2910,B7800,B2630,and B3030.
My blower install manual listed these models with the same subframe,only the mid PTO kits were different.
And older B7800 models used a longer subframe.
It may be possible.

OP,if you're in Ashtabula,or near the Lake Erie snow belt,I can see the desire for a front blower!
Good Luck!

/ Kubota B7800 I want a front snowblower and subframe but my local dealers are unsure of what I need. #22  
A snowblower might suffice on an asphalt driveway. Wouldn't it just chew through shear bolts on gravel?

I can't imagine using a rear-mounted snowblower for more than a few feet of asphalt (unless it were possible to use it while driving forward).

As perhaps you can guess, I use a front-mounted plow on my 1/3-mile driveway and parking area.

/ Kubota B7800 I want a front snowblower and subframe but my local dealers are unsure of what I need. #23  
I set my snowblower to lean back slightly on the skid shoes so the leading edge runs slightly above the surface. Doesn't pick up much gravel at all. And I've never sheared a pin in years of use on mainly gravel.

As far as rear-mounted, everyone has opinions on that. If you want to plow -- which is easiest and fastest -- but still have the ability to blow the deep stuff, rear-mounted is the ticket. It's really not hard to sit sideways and sip your coffee while using your left foot on the hydro pedal. Much easier on my neck than a day of baling hay or similar implement work.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B7800 I want a front snowblower and subframe but my local dealers are unsure of what I need. #24  
I've owned my B7800 since it was new in 2007. My original dealer no longer sells Kubota.
I would love to have a front snowblower but so far when I call the dealers closest to me, they have no idea what to sell me.
They can't tell me anything. They can't tell me if the newer front blowers for the newer B's will work, they can't even tell me what older snowblowers work with my tractor.
I know I will drop several thousand on this but it's like they have little knowledge of what they used to sell.

A simple search here and I see that a lot of folks here are using a B2782 blower.

That's all I know.... I don't know what subframe, pto shaft/kit.... electric vs. hydraulic ...nothing.

Would some kind B7800 owner here with a front Kubota snowblower setup please kindly tell me exactly what you have...model numbers of every part needed to make this work on your tractor.
Looks like I am going to have to try to piece something together myself.

I have a loader so I do have front hydro hookups.

TIA for any help on this.
If YOU want a front drive snow blower, then GET ONE. You've had that tractor for years and gotten along without it. Now you want one for whatever reason. I did too. I wanted a front drive snow blower and a power angle plow. I waited and waited until one (eventually both) came along and ended up with what I wanted. Both took a tiny bit of fabrication but were very well worth it. If your are in an area that gets a 16" blizzard every decade you will bless that front drive snow blower. Hours of backing up is exactly what it sounds like. Why would you spend good money to do THAT?
Summation: The stuffs out there. Keep looking. Find it.

/ Kubota B7800 I want a front snowblower and subframe but my local dealers are unsure of what I need. #25  
I don't know if this will help you. We have a GL 5240 with the subframe-mounted 6' snowblower and fully hydraulic control of the discharge chute. It is a joy to use. The blower gets the snow up to 50' off where you drive, so the snow does not crowd the cleared area over the winter.

We live near Mount Shasta, California, where we USED to get deep and dry snow. Now we get much less precipitation overall, and much wetter snow as well. When the snow is wet, both the auger and the chute load up with the slush and require manual cleaning to continue. Nothing I have tried keeps the wet snow from sticking for long.

As a result of the snow change, for the last two winters, I have used a Landpride blade with a Quick Attach mount. It works, but is much slower than the blower and leaves rock-hard berms at the edge of the plowed area. If this winter repeats the limited warm and wet snow, I will probably sell the entire subframe/blower/hoses/PTO shafts and everything for the snowblower. (That will certainly bring back the deep and dry snow :) )

BTW, the subframe can be left on the tractor year-round and provides low-CG weight, and does not interfere with the loader arms or Quick Attach blade, bucket, or forks.

/ Kubota B7800 I want a front snowblower and subframe but my local dealers are unsure of what I need. #26  
A snowblower might suffice on an asphalt driveway. Wouldn't it just chew through shear bolts on gravel?
When the ground is still thawed I raise the front edge of my blower so I don't pick up any gravel. Once that top layer freezes I can treat it just like concrete for the rest of the season.