Kubota BX2200 or B7500

/ Kubota BX2200 or B7500 #1  

perrycounty

Tractor
Cub Cadet
Hi,
I'm new to this forum, found it this past weekend during the snow storm. I thought I would ask opinions of experienced tractor owners to help me in my decision. The decision comes down to which of the above 2 Kubota models to purchase.
I have less than 1 acre to mow and have pretty much decided on a rear mount mower. The rest is woods and it is hilly. I have a lane that is about 1000 ft. long and intend to look into a blade to do work on that and I will also include a FEL in the mix...
I have read several of the reviews and opinions and my only concern on the BX2200 is the lower ground clearance and lighter frame... Or is this irrelevant?
Thanks for your time. Jeff /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kubota BX2200 or B7500 #2  
I have a BX and I love it, but I think you may be better off with the 7500. One of the biggest reasons to own a BX is the MMM, it does a wonderful job. You sound sold on a RFM, so that negates the BX advantage. Ground clearance can be an issue, it sounds like you may need it for working the lane.

/ Kubota BX2200 or B7500 #3  
I WOULD GET THE B 7500 MYSELF. I HAVE A B 2410 AND A 1200 FOOT DRIVE WAY. MY FRIEND DOWN THE ROAD HAS BX2200 AND THE SAME SIZE DRIVE. HE GOT HUNG UP DUE TO GROUND CLEARANCE. I WOULD GO WITH THE BIGGER TRACTOR( IN SIZE, NOT H.P.). I ALSO USE A RFM AND LOVE IT.................. JERRY <font color="orange"> </font> /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota BX2200 or B7500 #4  
Hi Jeff,

Boy, that Perrycounty name stuck out. I live just north & east of you. I've got a New Holland TC21D which is about the same size as the 7500. This last storm made me glad, that I bought that big. I've got about 3 acres to mow, and maybe 50' of driveway, plus my neighbors. I'm not sure if a BX would have done so well with the last storm. Lighter tractor, and ground clearance are very much a concern. If you can afford the 7500 definitely go for it. Just my $.02. Welcome to the forum.

Kent

/ Kubota BX2200 or B7500 #5  
Jeff,

I agree with Will_C on this. I tried both and the BX is more stable on hills and is a mowing machine (MMM) but at a cost of ground clearance. I started out looking at the 7500N for the nursery but it and the standard 7500 couldn't compare to the BX on hills. The BX was also lower in the ROPS which helped and the mower was better IMHO. If you're set on the 3pt mower I would also suggest the 7500 (or the new 7800 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). The stronger 3pt, larger tires and option of R4's are nice to have.

Enjoy,
Michael

/ Kubota BX2200 or B7500 #6  
Was going to get the BX ended up with the B7500. I never regretted that choice.
Good luck.

/ Kubota BX2200 or B7500 #7  
The MMM on the BX is far superior to the MMM on the 7500. Since you are not getting the MMM I think the 7500 is a better choice. Do a search for this and you will finds tons of stuff on this very question. J

/ Kubota BX2200 or B7500 #8  
The B7800 is a bigger tractor in physical size than the B7500.

/ Kubota BX2200 or B7500 #9  
Jeff,

You found the place to get a lot of answers...

You did not mention the total amount of property you have...it is often helpful if you fill out your profile...get better feedback when people who want to answer have a good idea about your specifics...

Anyway, you mention a RFM. My guess is that the grass cut you get with the RFM will be about the same whatever tractor is pulling it, if the HP is there to turn the cutters.

I have just under 4 acres, and probably if the area of the grass is measured it may be only an acre or so.

While I started looking at the bx22 I ended up with a B2910. I am VERY happy that I went that big...it is really not THAT big anyway, but looked pretty big when I was deciding.

My advice would be to look at the different B-series tractors...think about price difference and what you get for the extra $, look at your pocket book, and choose the tractor that will be the one that will satisfy your needs both now and in the furture.

And remember that after purchase, few decide to trade their first tractor back to the dealer for something smaller...and many do seem to trade up to something bigger.

/ Kubota BX2200 or B7500 #10  
Michael,

I have a BX2200 and am considering trading across to a BX22. Others have suggested that I look at moving up in size if I'm looking for a backhoe. The reason I'm hesitant is most of my property is on at least a slight slope. As someone who tried both, do you think there is a significant advantage on hills with the BX over a B7500? I have no MMM, nor any need for mowing with it at all. Loader and (hopefully) backhoe work are my main needs. Stability on hills is my biggest worry. I need as much stability as I can get, without going overly large (a B7800 would probably be too large for my situation). Any insight would be most appreciated.

Kevin