Kubota F series

geoffb1997

Tractor
Kubota F2260
Do the other implements, blower, flail mower, etc. hook up fairly easily ?
As far as the hookups on the quick hitch, it seems pretty easy. You basically just drive the tractor forward to insert the male part on the tractor into the female fitting on the attachment and throw the lever over to lock it on. To go between the blade and brush I’ll have to connect the PTO of course, but hoping I’ll get the hang of it.

Hay Dude

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson & Kubota
Here’s a question and I apologize if already asked:
The F deck appears as if it rolls across the ground on at least (4) casters. The ZD deck is suspended and floats, with anti scalp wheels only touching to prevent bottoming out.
IF this is true, is one system superior to the other?

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Here’s a question and I apologize if already asked:
The F deck appears as if it rolls across the ground on at least (4) casters. The ZD deck is suspended and floats, with anti scalp wheels only touching to prevent bottoming out.
IF this is true, is one system superior to the other?
I currently have both now and believe the hanging deck may have some advantages. The front wheels of the F sometimes act like they are digging into the yard in front of them when you come up to a steep accent and a slight bump up on the lift corrects it and let drop back down when going up the hill. They also drop into holes in the yard and can plow the yard up when going into some turns on sloped yards. By the way the F deck is hanging in the back and the 2 front wheels are rolling on the ground.
I do prefer the F over the ZD and if I only had one it would be the F in a heart beat. Have had only a ZD once for a short period of time and would hate to rely on just a ZD with my hill side property, may be different story with small flat "Lawn" but I have a large hillside yard..

Brown Dog

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 5093E 5101E H260 5115M 540M all MFD
I’d think the F deck running on really rough ground at speed wouldn’t take heavy abuse as well as a deck hanging from a mower frame.
Not knocking either one but the small wheels on F deck would get beat up pretty bad here on my farm ground