Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #401  
The F-series is the best mower I have ever had. It can be improved upon though with one thing. Four-wheel steer with the addition of a switch so that the wheels can turn in tandem or opposite of each other. That way going around trees would be closer and if you want to pull away from a building or a pond and not have the rear end swing around, they turn in tandem. It would be a killer machine if it had that feature.
Sure no argument, it would be handy to have four-wheel steering but I have big reservations about complexity and longevity of such design (in a relatively low cost equipment).
I know there are mid mower lawn tractors with that feature but have some doubts whether commercial / professional users or landscapers are using those.

Maybe OK for someone who drives it 40 - 50 hours per year and trades in after 10 - 15 years or sooner?

/ Kubota F series #402  
Here is what the F3060 front axle looks like under the fender and I am glad mine does not have all-wheel steering!

IMG_5494.JPG

Thinking.jpg

Cheers

/ Kubota F series #403  
I found a new F3990 72” SD BUT I’m afraid the deck running on the ground would take too much abuse here on my rough farm ground.

the frt deck tires are too small imo

the ZD deck hangs from the frame letting the mower itself take the abuse from rough ground.

/ Kubota F series #404  
1398FCE6-9D39-42D9-80B7-1BC792BD8E04.jpeg

This 4wd would be Awesome on my hills & banks.
I’m not sure on these tiny frt deck tires hitting stump holes & rough ground here on my farm.

/ Kubota F series #405  
I’m not sure on these tiny frt deck tires hitting stump holes & rough ground here on my farm.

Mine uses these 9 inch outside diameter front gauge wheels & 3/4 inch smooth axle shown below and they are perfectly good for my yard.

At least in a front deck model mowers these are carrying only about half of the deck weight, unlike in Z mowers where they carry lot more than that since that's all they have in the front.
Yes I agree they are often bigger in diameter but I'm not sure how big.

If you are mowing areas with stump holes, maybe a tractor & flail mower would be more suitable for that area (that's what I do)?

Gauge Wheel.1.jpg

Carlisle Wheels.jpg

Water Hard Drill Rod.jpg

/ Kubota F series #406  
View attachment 700367

After carefully considering a new F3990, the DPF and the $28,000 price tag reassured me I made the right decision buying a clean used non-DPF F3680.
For less than 1/2 the price, I got essentially the same machine, with a brand new 72" deck and no DPF headaches.
Parked regens trying to make every minute count? $28,000 for a commercial lawn mower?
No way.

Last edited:
   / Kubota F series #407  
Hay Dude was your F3680 purchased from Atlanta Kubota ?

/ Kubota F series #408  
   / Kubota F series #409  
Oh sorry. Some Member on here bought one here in Ga
I forgot who
Lotta grass to mow in Lancaster PA when I was thru there years ago

/ Kubota F series #410  
Does the new F3990 4cyl motor have the exact same fuel system as the ZD1511 ?

I am told common rail fuel systems on bigger 4cyl Kubota’s are way more reliable & not requiring parked regens.