Kubota L35

/ Kubota L35 #1  

BMod

Bronze Member
Tractor
Long 610DT, White Fieldboss 37, Ferguson T-35, Super M, Minneapolis Moline Z
I have a Kubota L35 I just purchased, went to try the PTO and it does not work. It seems as though it is locked up or what I would call frozen as I would call it, not from cold, lol. When I shift the pto, by the mechanical lever, with the clutch pushed in, and then release the clutch it will not turn. If I crawl underneath the tractor and try to turn the PTO shaft it will not turn, there is a very small lash both ways, but will not turn. I am pretty sure this tractor had the backhoe on all it's life and no one used the PTO.

Anyone have an idea what might be stopping it from turning? I tried my best to search for answers but came up empty.
Thanks in advance for any help!

/ Kubota L35 #2  
Like yours, I'm pretty sure the backhoe has never been off mine, the protective cap is still on it. But I have shifted it and it appears to turn. Below is a diagram of the drive train. There is no brake like on many newer tractors, so it must be broken shaft, gear or bearing. I think you'll have to split it to fix it.

Screenshot_20240512-131334-853.png

/ Kubota L35
I am sooo hoping I don't have to split it. The rubber protector is still on mine also. Not a dent in the PTO shield. I have not tried very hard to turn the PTO shaft. I will take the 4 bolt flang off the back by the PTO and see if there is anything odd.

/ Kubota L35 #4  
I am sooo hoping I don't have to split it. The rubber protector is still on mine also. Not a dent in the PTO shield. I have not tried very hard to turn the PTO shaft. I will take the 4 bolt flang off the back by the PTO and see if there is anything odd.
Check the parts diagram before you do that. You don't want any parts to fall in the case or you'll be splitting it for sure.