Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #31  
Dang have prices really went up that much. $29k for an economy L just don't seem right. What does kubotas website say msrp is on how it's configured?

15 years ago I bought the predecessor to the 3901. Which was the L3400. It was $17k out the door. HST was a $2000 option. So $19k. Which would be like $17k pre-tax. I know things get more expensive, inflation and all....but dang....70% in 15 years?

The new CPI is a larger lie than the old CPI: Alternate Inflation Charts

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #32  
Found silimar when shopping a couple months ago. Ended up going with a Bobcat CT2025 (white Kioti CK2610) because it was over $5000 cheaper than the best price I could get on the Kubota L2501. (just loader and tractor)

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #33  
15 years ago I bought the predecessor to the 3901. Which was the L3400. It was $17k out the door. HST was a $2000 option. So $19k. Which would be like $17k pre-tax. I know things get more expensive, inflation and all....but dang....70% in 15 years?

That's only about 3.5% a year. You look at real inflation, especially the price of steel, and that's probably not out of line.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #34  
I have a Kubota B26 and before that a B21 (Both are essentially the same except the 26 is newer). I think the HST transmission is great and the machine is very reliable even under severe abuse. I know the Kubota dealers are outrageously priced for both new or used models. Both of my machines were bought used and I would suggest you do the same. I suggest you buy a Kubota just because I know it is such a great machine. However, consider getting one at an auction or used (try Rock and Dirt magazine). Last month I almost bought a B39 at an online auction for $14k. The only reason I stopped short from buying it was that I did not really need one larger than the B26 I already have. The only caution I give you is to assure that it does not leak oil from the rear axil seal. That is caused by a grit of sand getting into the axil seal and it results in a $3500 repair because in order to get to the seal, the transmission needs to be split.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #35  
I had a similar situation last year. After all the research, I was ready to pull the trigger on the Kioti, for all the features and price. Then I saw that Bobcat was making tractors again, or should I say, selling tractors again, because their tractors are made by Kioti and only differed in color and a slightly different loader. Slightly less capacity than the Kioti, but way more than the Kubota. At the time they were adding the Loader for free. So it was another 3-4k cheaper than the Kioti!

So in the end, I was able to get my Bobcat with all the implements I wanted for less than the price of the bare Kubota and a few thousand less than the Kioti. I have been very pleased with it so far. The dealer was very accommodating, even went to the LS dealer to pick up a grapple for me. (Bobcat's was too heavy).

I hate to mix things up for you, but thought you might consider it. If it is the Orange that attracts you....the Bobcat has Orange wheels!

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #36  
This is DocTrac, new to the forum, checked this out and so much awesome info! About to pull the trigger on a compact tractor ...

Here's the situation: just received pricing for both Kubota L3901 HST and Kioti 4010SE HST compact tractors. Attachments and implements: tractor, 3rd function, canopy, backhoe, grapple, pallet fork, rotary cutter, box blade, disc harrow, rotary tiller. The configuration is virtually identical, I was very careful to match implements for both offers, e.g. shredders are both 2", 5', heavy-duty. I was shocked by the price difference: the Kubota dealer quoted a price that is $13,000 higher than the Kioti. That's thirteen thousand. Can somebody explain to me how this is possible???
what is the FEL capacity of the two ? I know the K 3901 is week compared to a similar Rural King tractor

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #37  
@RSR, Kubota tractor, with loader, 3rd function, is about $29000. Kioti tractor, with loader, 3rd function, is about $24000.
If you add the backhoe, Kubota is $37500, Kioti is $31000. It's approximate, plus minus couple hundred, wasn't sure how to apply rebates partially.
Kubota with backhoe should have at least 1 remote, I saw that you can configure them individually online. Most likely they just put on it what's needed for the backhoe. I guess one remote is plenty for a compact tractor anyhow, not sure which attachments you would need 2 remotes ...
The rest of the difference up to $13000 is from the other attachments.
You might want to consider the 20% Equine Discount with the Kubota. That $29K for the L3901 with loader and 3rd function seems ridiculously high.

I just paid $32K out the door for an MX5400 HST, heavy duty loader, two rear remotes, 3rd function, QH15 quick hitch, filled rear tires, and two grab hooks on the bucket.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #38  
It's actually not surprising at all.

My own experience shopping was I saved $20K by not buying a green colored tractor.

It happens.

Some will "justify" (trying to be polite) the difference as "brand recognition", or "resale value", etc, etc. That may be more or less important for each individual, depending on their needs and wants. I was happy to keep that $20K in my pocket. I can buy a LOT of "resale value" with that. If you're flipping your tractors and equipment (I mean buying and selling) every 5 years or so, then maybe resale value might be a factor for you. If you're going to keep it "forever", then maybe you don't care so much about that?

Other factors, dealer support, parts availability over long period of years, all can play a factor. Choose what's most important to "you" and stick to that.

Funny thing is, I would have BOUGHT that green tractor on the spot, IF they had one on the lot, and IF the dealership staff would have acted like I was a customer and they wanted my business. I guess (?) it all worked out the way it was supposed to?

I had the same thing happen when I bought my Kubota, after the John Deere salesman pretty much said "Oh we sell them for list price, if you don't like it go find another brand".

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #39  
This is DocTrac, new to the forum, checked this out and so much awesome info! About to pull the trigger on a compact tractor ...

Here's the situation: just received pricing for both Kubota L3901 HST and Kioti 4010SE HST compact tractors. Attachments and implements: tractor, 3rd function, canopy, backhoe, grapple, pallet fork, rotary cutter, box blade, disc harrow, rotary tiller. The configuration is virtually identical, I was very careful to match implements for both offers, e.g. shredders are both 2", 5', heavy-duty. I was shocked by the price difference: the Kubota dealer quoted a price that is $13,000 higher than the Kioti. That's thirteen thousand. Can somebody explain to me how this is possible???
Wow big number. Thanks to you and the responses, you all did my homework for me. I just wanted to point out that apparently the front axle bearings do not hold up if you use the front bucket with heavy stuff. I've replaced spindle bearing twice on friends 3000 series 'bota. And once on another friend's 'bota. So that's a strike against Kabota. This is from use, NOT abuse of the front bucket.

/ Kubota L3901 HST vs. Kioti 4010SE HST Compact Tractor Pricing #40  

Paying for the brand name. If you plan to trade frequently the Kubota holds it's value a bit better. The Kioti dealers are sometimes not held to as high a standard but that is a local market consideration. Go with the dealer you like best.