Kubota L3940 vs L4240 vs L4740

/ Kubota L3940 vs L4240 vs L4740 #11  
A Cab tractor is shorter than a ROPS. I have a gas powered pole saw I use to trim trees out of the way.

/ Kubota L3940 vs L4240 vs L4740
Here is what I am thinking as far as tractor:
L4240 HST w/ Cab Heat & AC
R4 Tires
LA854 Loader w/ Quick Attach and 72" bucket
BH92 Backhoe w/ 16" bucket
3rd Function Valve on Loader
3 Rear Remotes (1 Float Detent and 2 Double Acting)
Top-N-Tilt

Need a little help on attachments:

Woods PRD8400 Rear Finish Mower
Woods HD24276HB Box Scraper with Hydraulic Scarifier or Land Pride HRL78 Box Scraper with Hydraulic

There are so many attachments that would be handy for grading and dirtwork it is difficult to narrow it down to just a few. I feel the box scraper is a must but if I had to pick one more for my application any recommendations?

/ Kubota L3940 vs L4240 vs L4740 #13  
The cab may be a few inches lower but if you miss one, the point is that a cab is much more expensive to fix than a sun shade.

/ Kubota L3940 vs L4240 vs L4740 #14  
If you are going to finance the tractor, go with Landpride implements, as they all can be financed in the same package at 0% for 60. If you put another brand of implement into the mix then they blend the interest rates. In other words, no 0% deal.

/ Kubota L3940 vs L4240 vs L4740 #15  
I have had our 5740 w/loader and bh92 for a couple of weeks now. I intended to get the same setup with a 4740, but I got the 5740 for the same price since it had been on the lot since last fall. I have a cab and although I wrestled with the price I am sure glad I have it now. I've been cleaning out a dry pond and it's awesome to be in the a/c and have my favorite station playing on while working for hours on end. I ordered two rear remotes, draft control, rear wipers, rear lights, hyd thumb, and third function. One the third function I had them put bobcat style hyd ends on it so that it is compatible with that type of equipment in the future. The thumb was another feature that I had problems swallowing the price of, but it has been awesome removing posts, rocks, tree stumps, and picking up most anything I can grab a hold of. If your dealer sells other brands of equipment you can still get them at zero percent as they will inflate the price of other Kubota items and throw them in for free. Keep in mind that when the BH is on you have to remove your rear arms. I would assume that would include your top and tilt kit. I installed the radio myself to save some money since all the cab models have the wiring, speakers and antenna installed already. My advise would be to go as big as possible with every option that you want to get it at zero percent, then keep the tractor until you croak. I'm glad I have the extra power because you can tell the weight of the bh and full load of muck when coming up out of the pond. We also got a tiller and forks to. I haven't used the tiller yet, but the forks are a huge help and my dad has already borrowed them to unload feed pallets. I love our Kubota! Don't forget to get some free hats!

/ Kubota L3940 vs L4240 vs L4740 #16  
It appears that you plan to be using the loader quite a bit. I highly recommend that you consider the HD roundback bucket. It is much better than the standard model. Also if you are moving and digging dirt a good toothbar is an excellent investment. As to the tractor itself more power usually means faster work. I have never owned a tractor that I thought had too much power. See if you can find one of the older versions of the tractors that you want to avoid the additional cost of the newer tier models. The newer pollution controls add cost and tend to be more complex and less fuel efficient.

/ Kubota L3940 vs L4240 vs L4740 #17  
A few pointers:

1. Cab or not to cab: as others said, be CAREFULL in the woods. And if you are also going to mow with this tractor, that means trimming trees up REALLY high. But really, only you can make the decision if a cab is right. Personally, I dont have one nor do I want one. If it is raining outside, I dont need to be on the tactor. It will just make a bigger mess. And if its cold, I just put mroe clothes on.

2. Are you dead set on kubota? For the money you are spending, I would at least look at other brands just to see whats out their. This is a HUGE purchase, so it really is in your best interest to explore ALL options.

3. If you do decide to stay with kubota, For the $$$ difference, the stronger loader on the 4240 is definatally worth it.

4. Final note, If you plan on doing ALOT of dirt work, especially with the loader and backhoe, have you considered something like the L39 or L45. They have a MUCH better (stronger) loader and backhoe. And the BH can still be removed and 3PH be used.

/ Kubota L3940 vs L4240 vs L4740 #18  
For some jobs like trenching the cab is not a plus vs the open station. The added hydraulics on the rear are a plus and should be bought when new. The front for a grapple or blade is a nice option.. The larger chassis of the 4240 with the 854 loader is a plus for height of dumping and front clearence.

/ Kubota L3940 vs L4240 vs L4740 #19  
What are your plans for the box blade? Both of those choices are pretty heavy duty.

/ Kubota L3940 vs L4240 vs L4740 #20  
FWIW, I only remember two who have regretted a cab and a boat load who regretted not getting one. I looked seriously at an L4240 and they are no doubt nice tractors, having driven an L5030 for several years and now an L5740, I would go no lower than the L4740 as I guess there is a reason you don't want an L52/5740.

I went with a LP scraper as I like and that's what my dealer carries, I also like Woods.