Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #31  
Ill hit one with a welder.cast won't hold as a wheel center. Maybe nodular cast, which is weldable and more along with cast steel.
Cast iron has been used for wheel centers for decades if not centuries.

No need for added cost of cast steel.

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #32  
Leave it alone. The pro’s who change rear tractor and other heavy equipment tires prefer to leave the rim mounted on the machine to hold it in place while they change the tire. Search YouTube for change tractor tire and you’ll see.

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #33  
Out of curiosity, I looked at my M5-111 yesterday and found the tabs to the outside. Seemed like the natural way to mount although there are the recesses that will fit the tab on the inside. In my case, it enables shorter bolts. I’d hate to remove yours if I needed to take rim and all to a tire dealer. However, we usually repair flats while mounted and our tire shop used that method to replace the outer 4 tires on our 4wd articulated 400 hp tractor.

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #34  
I have a 7060....here is a thread with some pics of the rims on my machine. With cast centers. This is a few years ago but we took them apart to reconfigure. There had been mention of the tabs only being able to be used one way which was debunked.

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #35  
I have cast centers on both my M9's and I've never spaced them as the stock setting is perfect for my hay cultivating. I can move them but never have. My front's are also adjustable.

/ Kubota M6060 Cast Iron Rear Wheel Question #36  
Mine came narrowest setting. I bought it sight unseen and didn't think about the wheel settings. It seemed tippy. Widning it out made it a completely different machine, night and day, no kidding.