Kubota TLB cab project

/ Kubota TLB cab project #1  

Jchonline

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, X1100C, M62(S)
Hello Everyone,

I will be taking delivery of a M62 in the next couple of weeks and have been giving cabs some thought. I have seen a few professionally made (Curtis for example) that are great. I really value the open station of the TLB and definitely want it open most of the year. However in the winter for snow removal it would be nice to have a way to provide some protection from the wind and the cold.

My initial thoughts are to use Lexan polycarbonate (ie plexiglass type material but more durable) and use zip ties and taped foam insulation around the contact points with the ROPS/FOPS and tractor to provide a bit of cushion. I dont want to drill any holes in the tractor, and I dont want anything that is difficult to put on or remove.

The right and rear can be completely blocked, the front I would probably do a two piece so I can remove or fold the top if needed (like golf cart). The left side will be more of a challenge as I need to figure a way to create a door.

For heat I will just use a small propane space heater.

So what are everyone痴 thoughts? Has this been tried and failed before?

/ Kubota TLB cab project #2  
Sounds like fun. Watch your carbon monoxide levels.

/ Kubota TLB cab project #3  
Hello Everyone,

I will be taking delivery of a M62 in the next couple of weeks and have been giving cabs some thought. I have seen a few professionally made (Curtis for example) that are great. I really value the open station of the TLB and definitely want it open most of the year. However in the winter for snow removal it would be nice to have a way to provide some protection from the wind and the cold.

My initial thoughts are to use Lexan polycarbonate (ie plexiglass type material but more durable) and use zip ties and taped foam insulation around the contact points with the ROPS/FOPS and tractor to provide a bit of cushion. I dont want to drill any holes in the tractor, and I dont want anything that is difficult to put on or remove.

The right and rear can be completely blocked, the front I would probably do a two piece so I can remove or fold the top if needed (like golf cart). The left side will be more of a challenge as I need to figure a way to create a door.

For heat I will just use a small propane space heater.

So what are everyoneç—´ thoughts? Has this been tried and failed before?

The problem with any polycarbonate windows is they end up getting scratched up when you try and clean them. If you are blowing snow you will definitely need some kind of wiper system.

I thought the M62 had a cab option?

/ Kubota TLB cab project #4  
I was tempted by the TBLs, but I was upgrading primarily for a cab. Ended up with the L4060HSTC as the TBLs close to that range were only open station with the FOPS/ROPS.

/ Kubota TLB cab project #5  
I have a M59 - I am having a boat cover company fabricate a Cab. He is going to use a Auto Glass Wind Shield and the rest will be high quality boat canvas and vinyl windows. i just need to come up with a heat solution. Just purchased a HLA 3000 Hydraulic snow blade for the FEL. 1 Km driveway to keep clear. I will post pictures when it is done later in October.

/ Kubota TLB cab project #7  
I plan on adding vents at the top and bottom of the Lexan to let air circulate a bit.
Why not put a tee into the line coming off if the water pump and the radiator bottom hose, then run hoses to a small heater core?

Aaron Z

/ Kubota TLB cab project
Why not put a tee into the line coming off if the water pump and the radiator bottom hose, then run hoses to a small heater core?

Aaron Z
Good idea, maybe once the warranty runs out. I will keep it in my notes.

/ Kubota TLB cab project #9  

Aaron Z

There's a free port on the inlet and outlet side of the circuit you don't have to splice or Tee the lines

Last edited: