KX033-4

/ KX033-4 #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
Have been looking to get a mini x such as the Kubota KX033-4. Would like a new one if possible to use on the small farm here in Maryland. The list with a few buckets is about 60 K. Not sure what a realistic selling price would be. Kubota has 60 months with Zero interest or discounts for cash. Discounts for cash does not look that great. What is the best strategy to get the lowest price for the mini and will looking at dealers further away be advised. Are there dealers know for selling at lower prices?

/ KX033-4 #2  
Check with multiple dealers, and shop other brands. I just did a ton of research, and bought a Takeuchi. Lot of machine for the money. And, I was able to buy a used unit, from the dealer's rental fleet, for half the price of new.

/ KX033-4
Did check with a few Kubota Dealers and got prices for a KX033 mini
Also checked on used machines. Hard to find good used ones at a decent price.
Where I am at is KX033 with cab, thumb kit, angle blade, 18 inch digging bucket, 36 inch grading bucket, quick coupler for 47700.

mini is in stock except the Thumb is on order

I am close to going with this offer. I am retired and looking for continuing living on the farm with more help and convenience having a small excavator

/ KX033-4 #4  
Also look for Demo units, I bought mine as a demo with about 250 hrs and it saved me a TON. Still get warranty and all the benefits but a much lower price. Dealer rentals are also a great option as Bigfoot mentioned.
Messicks is a great dealer and is not too far from parts of MD so may be worth checking with them also.
Good luck in your search.

/ KX033-4
Bought the KX 033, Will be delivered Friday. Together with the M7040 it will really help me around the farm and make life easier. Will take a little time to get proficient but after that I have so many projects on the schedule. One thing to enjoy is the comfort of AC in the summer and heat for cold weather. More later on how it works out

/ KX033-4 #6  
NICE MACHINE. I have the KX91 which is a similar size. I can't believe what all I have been able to accomplish with that size machine. I think you will find it VERY easy to learn and be surprised how quickly you get used to it and are able to accomplish your tasks quickly and safely.
Good luck and enjoy

/ KX033-4
The KX033 was delivered and it is a very nice machine
Spent a couple of hours using the 36 inch grading blade to get in the skills to operate it. Easy enough to use the controls but takes time to learn to do it smoothly. But despite some jerky movements it is coming along. As many have stated the travel speed is slow for sure despite having two travel speeds. An oil leak was noticed on a line to the thumb so will have to get the dealer to come out and fix that. I was used to the backhoe on one of the tractor and compared to that there is a lot more movement of the machine and use of the blade to stabilize it is critical. My wife immediately spotted the capability to scrape with blade to pave the driveway with flat stones. So now I have another project before the other planned projects. Oh well it is mothers day after all

/ KX033-4
Have used the KX033 now for two weeks. It performs really well for my purposes. Today installed a 40 ft overflow pipe on the farm pond and it was effortless with no shovel work involved. Moved the overflow pipe with the M7040 tractor and pallet forks and used the excavator for the rest. Ran into a big rock but with the thumb it was no problem to move it. The pond is now overflowing again as it should. Having it available when I need it is priceless

/ KX033-4 #10  
You could at least give us a pic of it.