3-Point Hitch L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #191  
Have you used your new tractor much? How jerky is the 3 pt hitch? What problems has it caused you? I would have never notice or even checked my 3 pt if I had not read about the jerky thing here...
I won't use my tractor till this matter is resolved. There is a deal in the works. I'll let you know when it's finalized. The 3pt. is jerky, shouldn't be.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #192  
I won't use my tractor till this matter is resolved. There is a deal in the works. I'll let you know when it's finalized. The 3pt. is jerky, shouldn't be.

Thank you for answering & please do let us know what happens.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #193  
Wonder if the jerky 3pt. lift will hurt re-sale? Would the potential buyer understand that that's how the kubota was designed?

I would expect that many buyers of new and used standard L's are first time tractor owners.
If they never had a normal 3PH, unless the Kubota hitch was really bad, they would hardly notice it, and except it as normal. As pointed out, for many uses, it's not that big of a deal.

Had I been buying a twenty year old tractor for $3000 it wouldn't have been a big deal. I just couldn't except it on a brand new machine.

I checked several standard L's on my dealers lot, had I found a smooth one I would have bought it. Every one I tried was jerky.:thumbdown:

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #194  
O.k, I can say it now. I just got back from the dealer. Check in hand. $16,800. Full refund for the L3200.
I was a bit touched seeing it in the lot, my hooks welded on the loader. I couldn't live with the fact that kubota was selling a flawed design and expecting customers to buy it. I hope others will be inspired to do the same.
Now life goes on, Kioti??

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #195  
It's not a flawed design, it is what it is. I like mine! :D

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #196  
O.k, I can say it now. I just got back from the dealer. Check in hand. $16,800. Full refund for the L3200.
I was a bit touched seeing it in the lot, my hooks welded on the loader. I couldn't live with the fact that kubota was selling a flawed design and expecting customers to buy it. I hope others will be inspired to do the same.
Now life goes on, Kioti??

That's great news, and that's a honest dealer. Frankly I'm pleasantly surprised. I wish all dealers were willing to stand by their product, even if the manufacturer won't.

Congrats, Bill

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #197  
It's not a flawed design, it is what it is. I like mine! :D

Ya really that's what my dealer said also . But where happy with the L3800 . Does what we bought it for great .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #198  
Sounds like it turned out well, you do realize though, that if you can't find anything better and go back to an L3200 we're not going to let you live it down? Ever... ;)

Happy hunting!

Sean

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #199  
That'll be the day Chilly!

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #200  
Glad it worked out -- that is a good dealer for sure.