L vs M series Kubotas?

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #51  
I considered the L4701 but instead I got the MX5400 and I'm very happy with it. If anything there are days I wish I had more power, the L4701 would probably have made me unhappy in that regard. I also appreciate the additional width of the 5400 for stability. So far the machine has been flawless.

/ L vs M series Kubotas?
Update, ordered the MX5400 today....hopefully, should take delivery in the next few weeks.

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #53  
You’ll love that tractor. Hope that delivery timeline stays true!

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #54  
Agreed. The MX is a great tractor that has everything in the right place, good weight distribution and fits in tight corners.

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #55  
Reading granddad4 post he made some good points. I have had a M for over 20 years and last year went with a Grand L6060 with cab over the MX of that size with Cab. Now I was comparing those two for MY USE. There were some features on the MX I liked but over all I found several preferences in the Grand L. A few related to the cab so if no cab some of the G L advantage go away. One I well remember was the difference between the rear life cylinders. The MX has older system with the lift cyl in the transmission where the L has them external. There have been many built of all brands with the lift cyls in the transmission but believe any repairs needed the external has advantage. Did like the larger front wheel on the MX (both four wheel drive) but the Grand L transmission with it's extras was had to pass on. For woods or fields the front wheels on the MX are nice. I did not remember that much on difference in FEL capacity.

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #56  
MX has larger wheels and tires front and rear than any L.

MX has heavier Category 2 Three Point Hitch. Kubota provides pin bushings so you can pull Category 1 implements equally well.

MX has two part rims when you order R4 tires, so rear wheel stance is adjustable with R4 tires.

Probably three times as many units of MX are sold, relative to L4701.

Buy the MX.

If you are over 55 years of age buy a Kubota 'Grand L'. Your aging body will thank you every day.
When I purchased L4701 the rear tires where the same.Fronts where different for loader difference.

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #57  
Ditto. I love my MX4800. I would not want a lesser performing tractor. Loader capacity on the MX has been a big deal for the work I do. Of course, one's personal needs may be different requiring a different tractor.