L2501 vs LX2610

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #21  
It depends on what you mean by skirt. Taking a L3200 & debating it from 32hp to 25hp & calling it a L2501 to comply with tier 4 emissions is entirely legal. It was done entirely legally & with the entire purpose of coming in under the HP limits thar require all the extra emissions equipment. So if you mean come close to or work around a restriction by skirt, it does just that.
I don't really think the 2501 is just a derated 3200.
The 2501 and 3200 use completely different engines, the 2501 is a direct injected D1703, the 3200 used a indirect injected D1503.
A majority of the HP difference is that the 2501 has a rated engine speed of 2200rpm and the 3200 had a rated speed of 2800rpm

Its pretty common to change engine output via rpm and timing/fuel to meet certain applications, which is what Kubota did here.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #22  
It was done entirely legally & with the entire purpose of coming in under the HP limits thar require all the extra emissions equipment.
There are no specific emissions equipment requirements based on horsepower levels or any other criteria. Manufacturers are free to meet all the various emission category targets by any means available. Horsepower level X does not require a DPF and an engine of Y horsepower is not mandated to utilize SCR.

When you drive 1 MPH below the speed limit are you skirting a speeding ticket or driving lawfully?

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #23  
<snip>

What jeff has "heard" is irrelevant.
It's like certain 'journalists' that make hay out of information from 'reliable sources'. It's just gossip. Like what you get from old ladies arguing back and forth about the best biscuit recipe while drinking tea.

In fact, the old ladies' gossip is probably more reliable.

/ L2501 vs LX2610
Well I bought an L2501. And it didn't come with a copy of the National Enquirer so I can't read the minds of the Kubota engineers (well probably the bean counters making the real decisions). Real happy with the purchase so far, glad I went for the larger tractor. Thanks for all the help!

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #25  
I think you will be happy with the L2501, I own one and its been a great tractor for me but I am trading it in for a LX2610. I want a mmm and something lighter to mow with.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #26  
For anyone about to purchase a real tractor, the L2501 is the perfect size up above the garden tractor size. It's large enough to do real work in the woods and on the fields. I'm totally happy with my tractor and would buy it again like I did the first time.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #27  
When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first

• LX = 1,860
  • L2501 = 2,623
Sufficient tractor weight is more important for most tractor applications than increased tractor horsepower.

tractor horsepower second

• LX2610 = 24.8/ 77 cubic inch engine
  • L2501 = 24.8/100 cubic inch engine

rear axle width third
(minimum tread width with R1/ag tires)
  • LX = 53.7"
  • L2501 = 55.1"

rear wheel/tire ballast fourth

• YES for LX
  • MAYBE for L2501
Jeff I know you are the wise sage of this forum but I have to challenge your formula on this one just a little. In most cases you are probably right. However, in my case this flow chart didn't apply to me. I am purchasing a tractor to cut grass and on my property weight was never an issue. Also weight can be mitigated with the correct set of tires if too much weight is an issue. What was the most important consideration for me was what the horsepower requirements were for the flail mower that I want to put on the back of the tractor. What I had to personally figure out is the implement is what drove the rest of the buying decisions for the power unit (tractor).

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #28  
Test drive the Yanmar tractors if you can find one.

willy

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #30  
I have the YT235C Yanmar TLB and I am very very comfortable
operating this machine. The controls are at your finger tips
very easy to operate. You test drive the Deeres and Kubotas
and then the Yanmars I don't need to tell you as you can find
out for yourself! And don't forget to test every tractor you can
its the only way you can find one the suits you and your needs!

willy