L4310 adding backhoe lines

/ L4310 adding backhoe lines #1  

Ewcmr2

Tractor
L4310, Deere 450b
I see many posts about adding third function valves and many posts about T-ing the loader lines for backhoe hydraulics. Seems like it would be super simple to get feed & return from the pictured block… is there a Kubota or aftermarket part made for this purpose? Or a third function valve that has a pass through for feed & return? Can I drill & tap indicated block?

DB54BE24-FAD3-42CA-B827-2DA22A2EE2D9.jpeg

Last edited:
   / L4310 adding backhoe lines #2  
The only lines that can be Tee'd in open center hydraulics are the tank/return lines.

Im not familiar with that tractor, but what you pictured I assume is the backhoe hoses? What is the valve they are hooked to? Do you have to activate that valve in order to use the backhoe? Cause that could complicate things if the goal was to have a remote. You would have to activate that valve and THEN activate whatever function you are trying to use.

For clarity.....are you wanting to add a 3rd function? As in up front to use a grapple or something? OR are you wanting remote/auxiliary fittings at the rear of the tractor for things like a toplink cylinder or hydraulic angle blade?

/ L4310 adding backhoe lines
I wasn’t clear, looking to add hydraulic lines for backhoe.
The pictured lines/valve came with tractor, for rear remote (top link, etc) Maybe the easy button is plugging backhoe into current remote valve lines and bungee the valve open?

/ L4310 adding backhoe lines #4  
I wasn’t clear, looking to add hydraulic lines for backhoe.
The pictured lines/valve came with tractor, for rear remote (top link, etc) Maybe the easy button is plugging backhoe into current remote valve lines and bungee the valve open?
Yes, that is the easiest and cheapest way to do it.

Actually most people have it the other way around. They have a backhoe and want to add the remotes. In which case the backhoe loop gives two of the 3 hoses needed already. And they simply add the remotes and then plug the backhoe into the remotes when needed.

Since you dont need both the remote AND the backhoe at the same time, simply using the remote to plug backhoe into is the best option.

IF you dont like the "cheap" bungee cord look or feel its a half @$$ed solution, you can get creative with a bracket and lever or something to mechanically hold the valve open.

The only word of caution is that you make sure its plumbed to the remote correctly. Since remotes are the SAME couplings, you can plug it in backwards and be feeding the tank port on the backhoe valve and returning through the pressure port. Which will eventually lead to leaking case to spool seals in the backhoe valve because the tank ports arent rated for pressure. So just verify flow direction, and use some color coded caps/plugs on the connections

Yeah, bungee would be for test purposes. A simple slide latch or flip over lever would be my long term solution.

Plugging backhoe into existing remote works great. Scrap metal catch with rubber washer, riveted in place, to hold remote valve open was simple solution.
85F2A1E1-F3F7-4A29-B8D8-31380A627862.jpeg