L6060 finally gets here.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #71  
At 20 hours it regend, was not expecting it till about 50 hours. Use off road fuel and was told it was low sulfur but made me wonder. Have run it those hours from about 1300 to 2000 rpm with loader, using both bucket and grapple. Ran it about 3 or 4 hours at steady 2,000 with flail mower.

The third arm hook looks like a big fish hook, silver in color and bolted for swivel on the read of the tractor. You pull it out to hold the third arm up out the way when not using it. I think it was tighten to the point it would not move so it cracked when I pulled it to place the 3 arm in it. Kubota has used that basic design for over 20 years but the one on another Kubota I have is much heavier than this one. The tractor also has a heavier third arm.

I looked at the MX compared to the L but was doing so with the cab model. As to the cabs to me gave up a lot with the MX compared to the L. Would not have thought without the cab there would be $6000 difference. Think I was given $5,000 with the cab. Not sure would pay that for difference with the ROPS even with the different transmission system. Would have to at it carefully. No idea how the MX makes turns with four wheel drive engaged but the L6060 does very well. Know the front axle is different.

As to the HST with the two speeds in each range, really like it with about 23 hours on the tractor. At least with front end loader work. I keep it in either mid or low range depending on using grapple or bucket and easy shift from low using to either load the bucket or haul the heavy load with grapple and then shift to high for travel. There is more speed difference than I thought there would be. Works very well.

My first regen was at 17 hours. I don’t remember the hours for the second regen. I am currently at 47 hours and have gone through 2 regens to date. I think the frequency will of regens will decrease this summer when I run the tractor at higher RPMs for longer periods while bush hogging.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #72  
On the Grand it痴 only on or off with the switch on the light. No door switches. And I agree about the lack of switch illumination.

I have the older "outdated" 40 series (L5740) and the dome light operates with both a switch on the light as well as a door switch, just like a car. All of the switches overhead and on the dash console illuminate when the headlights are turned on. I wonder why Kubota would choose to drop these features on the 60 series?

/ L6060 finally gets here.
buck12, thanks
greenrider1, cost savings? That is the type of things you don't pick up when looking at a machine. It is only when you use it you notice what is missing.

First: not sure if has been this way the full time or both my grandson and I both just noticed it at the same time: it has Kubota third function installed by the dealership. The fel will not lift when closing the grapple. As my grandson said, you need to keep pressure on it when lifting. Have we just not notice it till yesterday or has something failed? BTW, got the tractor April 9th, hit first regen at 20 hours went well and have 28 hours on it as of yesterday. 50 hour service is coming quickly. Of those hours probably 75% have been using EA 60 inch wiched grapple. Is it perfect, no!. Would hate to see how expensive and heavy a perfect one would be but it is GREAT. We are having bermuda sprigged next month for hay and cut probably about 100 trees on two different sides of the field. Some of these was for here massive with pines and hardwood mixed. Had the logs out before this tractor and grapple showed up but a lot of limbs left to move. I tried using a landscape rack to pull into piles, that was a joke. Tried using the rear tines as Ted talks about as bulldozer does and that was not easy do to how unlevel the ground was. But boy using it the other way Ted shows of rolling the grapple heavy into the dump position and with it wide open using it as a rake. (NOTE NOT TO BE USED FOR FIXED OBJECTS such as intact stumps) It was amazing! Worked great. As I said like difference between a spring tooth leaf rake and a steel tooth rake. Worked great! And as the saying goes slow and steady it was but amazing how fast you can rake an area with at least a four foot wide rake.

I still say would buy the L6060 but little things get me. The cabin light must be manually switch on which means you must enter the cabin to do that. Also means you exit the cab in the dark. The lack of illumination on the right hand panel controls not light that hinders your ability to see out in the darkness. The seat...have learned from here and another forum the seat is a very much complaint issue. Best I understood the salesman yesterday for those considering an air ride seat...the $800 fee is for the air ride self contained base and they use the same seat in the tractor. To me that is a WOW. If that is true then those based are on line for about $400 and if that simple then and that is correct the air ride seat just dropped to a reasonable price. Now the loop to hold the third arm up and off the pto shaft when not being used broke just holding the third arm up. Looks to have been two actions that broke it, for the break shows looks like a shearing action on one part and just failure the rest of the way due to probably flexing.
One thing I have learned, have never ever really tested a tractor and have bought my B2710 used sight unseen but trusted the dealership. Have bought a used Volvo 5 ton excavator same way and did not see either machine till here being unloaded. Could not have been more pleased with them. Bought my JD5525 used with it being serviced by dealership with ever herring it run or stepping into the cab. Trusted that dealership.

I shall never do that again...I bought from the dealership I did as it is less than 10 miles from me and at my age expect it to out last me. Wanted dealership my family would be able to depend on...right now wonder how smart that was. Not the distance but the dealership. Have said it many times and hear it thousands, the dealership makes the machine. So true.

Maybe if Kubota did not call this their "GRAND" cab would expect these shortcuts. Kubota may have save $500 on a machine but for Kubota price I expected better. Still do.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #75  
First: not sure if has been this way the full time or both my grandson and I both just noticed it at the same time: it has Kubota third function installed by the dealership. The fel will not lift when closing the grapple. As my grandson said, you need to keep pressure on it when lifting. Have we just not notice it till yesterday or has something failed?

That's odd, the only time I can't use the full loader function (lift & tilt) and the third-function rocker all simultaneously on my L3560 is when I've accidentally bumped the electronic on/off for the third function & turned it off. Otherwise, I can use (and get results) with all three at the same time -- albeit at a noticeably slower rate of movement even when at full throttle.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #76  
I've had my L4060 for a year now. Two issues that nag me are the seat and one remote valve. The seat is cheap for a "grand" machine and the remote valves leak down too fast. I have a top and tilt kit on mine and the tilt remote, I'm constantly adjusting. It's not the cylinder, it's the valve. Fallon, a member here has had remote valves replaced on his L4060 to to avail.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #77  
Kubota does need to fix the cab light. I store my tractor in a shipping container. If wait until after dark to put the tractor up, I am literally feeling in the dark to exit the tractor and lock the door.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #78  
I have the older "outdated" 40 series (L5740) and the dome light operates with both a switch on the light as well as a door switch, just like a car. All of the switches overhead and on the dash console illuminate when the headlights are turned on. I wonder why Kubota would choose to drop these features on the 60 series?

I misspoke- not about the lack of a door switch, but the internal lighting of the switches. Mine do in fact light up when the headlights are on.

I misspoke- not about the lack of a door switch, but the internal lighting of the switches. Mine do in fact light up when the headlights are on.

You are forgiven...bet most thought that was what was meant.

It gets me the tractor some here have called the Rolls Royce of tractors has such issues. Guess it is back to none users designing the product.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #80  
Only 1 valve in an open center hydraulic system can operate at a time. It's always the upstream valve in the system that gets priority. The only exception to this is the loader lift & curl valve because its plumbed in funky internally in the valve body. If you operate the loader, the 3pt & any rear remotes will stop working until you lay off the upstream valve.

All CUTs use open center hydraulics & have this issue. It doesn't hurt anything, but can be mildly annoying on occasion. I only notice it when running my hydraulic post hole digger as you want it spinning at the same time you raise or lower the loader.