Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #11  
First of all welcome!
Being the person that i am i can't resist saying, "Sell your place", come stay with us and mow all you want. ( just kidding mind ya) We have a 33 acre lawn/yard which is going to require a lot or re-work due to the logging job i've been working on for a while. I have 16' gang mower, pull behind finish mowers, a small tractor with a belly pan mower, a Skag ZTM and 2, 4x4 hydro tractors to choose from. My ground conditions vary so much that all mowers have their valuable place in my operation buy for my money, im sold on my Skag Tigercat ZTM. It's fast and does a beautiful job. Hills are no problem because it sets with a low center of gravity.
I also do contract mowing from time to time and if it involves hills the ZTM is my go to mower. But remember Comercial grade and Big Box store grade are Huge differences in quality. Hope this helps . . . .John

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #12  
I agree on getting a 4 wheel drive. I went with a used commercial front deck 4WD TORO Groundsmaster with a 28 horsepower 3 cylinder Kubota diesel engine.
P5160005.JPG
P5160013.JPG

This is a 6 foot wide recycle deck.
P5300020.JPG
P5300024.JPG

I also have a 6' side discharge deck that I use for mowing the pasture.

Leaf blowers, snow plows, snow blades and other attachments are available.

Just remember that quality costs more. I paid 8K for this 2004 model, with 2150 hours on the meter.

The engine is known to last over 6000 hours, with regular maintenance.

The TORO in my avitar is 25 years old and still running good.

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #13  
That Husquvarna 322T AWT looks interesting and looks like its designed well. But I don't know how long it will last before repairs get out of hand, and/or when you will need to replace it.
It might be fine. Just keep in mind what ever you buy it will need maintenance and repairs and eventually will need to be replaced. The trick is to try and figure out how long your dollars that you spend will last with various units.

For instance if it lasts 5 years, then it cost you $1000 a year and then you need to spend another $5000. But maybe it will last 7-10 years.

Whatever you end up getting, you may want to start your own account for your next one and put $100 or so a month in it for the maintenance/repairs/replacement.

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #14  
Simplicity builds awesome mowers,a friend just purchased a Broadmore and I am super impressed with it's build quality and features.They do make a 4 wheel drive but about $10,000.I own John Deere mowers but my next will be a Simplicity for sure.

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #15  
. . .

I have had two of those Husqvarna R322T AWD one for about 10 months, and the other for about 8 months.
Both are equipped with the 42" deck (Combi 103), there is an available 48" side discharge deck. There is also an available flail mower attachment.
. . . .

I hate to think how long it would take to mow 5+ acres with a 42" or 48" deck, especially on a riding mower. I would be a full time job.

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #16  
I hate to think how long it would take to mow 5+ acres with a 42" or 48" deck, especially on a riding mower. I would be a full time job.

I assumed the OP already knows how long it might take to mow 5 acres with a 42" deck.
They mentioned having used their smaller Cub Cadet with 42" mower when their compact tractor was down.
I offered information about my experience with the R322T because they asked if anyone had any experience with them.

Last edited:
   / Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #17  
Hello dear, if you have more trouble with you mower I will advise you to get a new one from Lawn Mower Sales Alpharetta. I am sure here you will get desired piece as per your requirement with in your budget.

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #18  
Hello dear, if you have more trouble with you mower I will advise you to get a new one from Lawn Mower Sales Alpharetta. I am sure here you will get desired piece as per your requirement with in your budget.

Can you just imagine how long it would take to cut 5 acers with a push mower! ??

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #19  
Why not a used GR2120 Kubota ?

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #20  
I have ten acres and also mow about five. I have a zero turn, but the field is too rough to mow with it. I use a Kubota B7100 to mow it. I have a 72" finish mower, but I didn't want to keep the tractor at that property. I had a case 235 to mow it before the finish mower. The Kubota B7100 or the case 235 used cost less than your budget. The Kubota is 4wd. A ZTR sucks on hills.