Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #21  
Looking at getting 4wheel drive riding mower, JD looks to $$$$ for X758. I had a cub cadet compact tractor with bucket, pull behind mower and bush hog but do not need anymore and sold. Looking at spending about $5,500 max.Does anyone know or have experience with the Husquvarna 322T AWT or another model. I am not a big fan of zero turns, but open minded. I have 10 acres--5 for mowing and have a good size hill at one end. Also some rough terrain but I have used my small 42" riding cubcadet when my compact tractor was down, on the bottom land and on the lower end of the hill.
thanks ahead and I am brand new to forum
Lisa

Greetings Lisa,

Welcome. Many here are instantly opinionated while they desire to help. I prefer to read your words and work from there. You had a cub cadet sub compact . . I assume it was the sc2400. I figure you are smart because I too had many good opinions about that unit.

You've got hills and 5 acres included to cut. Some here seem to think that is oh so much . . I'm betting you are quite well aware exactly how much it is. And you also understand what hills mean.

So here are a couple ideas that don't have the word ztr in them:

Kubota gr2020 (GAS 20 HORSE)
gr2120 (DIESEL 21 HORSE)

both have 2wd and 4wd. Both are commercial equipment. Both have glide steer technology which gives you unique near zero turn ability in a lawn tractor (not lawn rider). Both built low and great on hills because its low and 4wd and a true engine in the front of the tractor in lawn mower sizing). They are offered in 48 and 54 inch decks. Been around since 2007 so you could get used or new.

Cub Cadet I1050. This is a true zero turn unit with 2wd but 2 separate differentials. Again this is a lawn tractor not a ztr . . So again it has the engine in front like any normal lawn tractor. It was designed to be very low to the ground specifically to work well on hills and in tight quarters. There are 3 sizes with the I1050 being a 50 inch deck and 25 hp. engine. They stopped making them the end of 2011 but there are many around. I just missed 2 months ago buying a 2007 model that was brand new from a dealer and had a full 3 year warranty. Last month I bought a 2011 with 59 hours on it. Then I bought a brand new snowblower for it and with both units I'm still less than 3000.00.

I'm guessing you're sharper and more determined than some give you credit for so I just am giving you some unique ideas.

Kubota gr new or used

Cub Cadet i1050 used.

Either choice will cut that 5 acres including hills . . . safely and well. AND neither one will take days to do it :)

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #22  
Hi Lisa -

I will give you my :2cents: worth for your consideration.
Not familiar with the model you mentioned, but the review looks pretty impressive. My only concern as others have mentioned is the size of the mower deck.....not sure if you like mowing several hours a day, or want to get it done asap.....lol.

Cub Cadet I series, as axelhub mentioned. I have owned several of these, they are a Zero-turn tractor, and very impressive units. Not 4wd, but very surefooted with drive pumps on each rear wheel and a low CG that does a fantastic job on hills.
I started with the I1046, then upgraded to the I1050, and just sold it to go to a commercial mower.
I have also owned several true commercial zero-turns, all with lap bars, and while they are great on flat ground, I don't care for them on slopes.
I bought a Cub Cadet Tank SZ-60....which is a true commercial zero turn with a steering wheel. It has power steering, 4 wheel steering, and to me, is the best mower I have had to date. The 60" deck makes a big difference in mowing time. Mine has the 27HP Kawasaki commercial engine, (also have a 24 or 31HP) which charges right up my steep hills whereas the 25HP non-commercial courage engine on my I1050 would struggle up.
The SZ60 can go 12MPH forward, and 6MPH in reverse......there are times I need to slow down as that is too fast to mow given my yard layout! It can hold 15 gallons of fuel, so you're covered for several mowings. And a suspension seat to ease the ride.
It's a true commercial mower that weighs 1400 lbs, with the ease of power steering, which is a great combination. Butttt......also comes with a commercial price. New ones are 9-10,000. There is a new demo on Ebay in Jersey for 8500, which is a great price. I had to look around for awhile to find my used one, but did find it at a good deal, right around your budget level.

Hope this helps, good luck in your search!

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #23  
Do you guys realize she hasn't logged on since Jan 20th?

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #24  
Do you guys realize she hasn't logged on since Jan 20th?

Greetings Newbury. I was aware she had not posted since then . . knew it before I had posted mine days ago. But the same thing has been true in other threads as well. most of us understand that our responses also go to a users pre established email addresses too . . So he/she is getting these responses there as well. Just the other day someone who had posted often in April and gone quiet - showed back up. They'd been following along but hadn't felt like posting.

I know in my own case . . My join date was in 2011 . . yet for a couple years I read tbn but didn't post. Then I started posting again.

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #25  
I am always puzzled why so many here wail on John Deere products. While I have had many good tractors of other brands in the past I seem to see countless threads talking down Deere and recommending other brands. I think most of us recognize there are lots of good brands out there today but why wail on Deere so much?

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #26  
I am always puzzled why so many here wail on John Deere products. While I have had many good tractors of other brands in the past I seem to see countless threads talking down Deere and recommending other brands. I think most of us recognize there are lots of good brands out there today but why wail on Deere so much?

Maybe because they brag so much.

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #27  

Who is talking down Deere on this thread? It's been a while since I read the whole thread but I seem to remember it as everyone recommending the brand they own, which is what usually happens. :laughing:

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #28  
Who is talking down Deere on this thread? It's been a while since I read the whole thread but I seem to remember it as everyone recommending the brand they own, which is what usually happens. :laughing:

I meant that as a general observation not this thread specifically. But read the first sentence in this thread.

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #29  
I meant that as a general observation not this thread specifically. But read the first sentence in this thread.

The person who started this thread put in herfirst sentense that she thought she needed a 4wd lawn mower and mentioned a specific john deere lawn mower model was too many dollars.

So lets think about that statement and your assessment that people are always against jd.

A jd 4wd lawn mower runs about $12,500.00 plus tax. For that you get a gas engine unit. It has no front end loader provision or valve for a fel. No included implements or 3 pt. Hitch. No rops or seat belt. A close competitor to it is the 4wd Kubota lawn mower in gas for about 8,000 or in diesel for under 9,000 and the kubota has zero turn type ability in addition to 4wd. So what part of her statement is incorrect or biased against john deere ?

/ Lady needs help-advice for 4 wheel drive riding lawn mower #30  
Love my 2011 diesel deere X740..

Attachments

• Ford Truck 181.jpg
    Ford Truck 181.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 79