Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #521  
All new ICE vehicles are obsolete, so unless you plan on preserving as a collector's item, or alternatively, driving it into the ground, the resale value of the dinosaurs is going to be terrible
Do you know when this will happen? I'd like to replace my 1990 F250 and 1993 Volvo wagon and current prices are stupid.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #522  
As I understand it is new sales and converting fleets to electric…

We have been told existing personal vehicles are not facing mandated retirement but who knows?

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #523  
   / Latest grab by auto manufactures #524  
Got my new car finally. Remote start is thru phone app, good for 3 years. But I didn’t know it had that until they had me install the app, so it’s kind of a bonus.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #525  
All new ICE vehicles are obsolete, so unless you plan on preserving as a collector's item, or alternatively, driving it into the ground, the resale value of the dinosaurs is going to be terrible.
Maybe someday, but that "someday" is at least a decade away. And if vehicle shortages continue, resale value of pretty much anything roadworthy will remain high. EVs have a long way to go before they're an "everyman" vehicle.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #526  
Not so much. If you read the news, you'll be informed. If you read and follow opinion only, you're screwed.

There's a huge difference between news and opinion. Follow actual facts, turn off the blow hards.
I subscribed to my local paper. When I click on the "News" tab, over half of what shows up is op-eds. Sometimes, the rest is sports.
I'm paying for this; and subscribed because I wanted news. If I wanted opinions I would rejoin FB.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #527  
News company's struggled bad to transition away from the cable tv model. I wont pay

Everyone wants a subscription now. Its ridiculous
When I was growing up we always paid for the daily newspaper. How is subscribing to an online site any different? Although I am still having a hard time getting news... often I learn more from the home page of my computer than from my local TV and/or online newspaper.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #528  
Just imagine having to get your fingerprint tested, blowing into a tube and submitting to an eye scan before you can start your car!

See more:

You might want to keep that old car.

Richard
That is required now, but only if you are convicted of DUI and request limited driving privileges. They had to add the eye scan and fingerprinT test because the limited drivers were getting a friend to blow in the machine. Now the persons eye scan and fingerprint must match what the machine has on file, or it is a no start.

The part that really P’SS Off the limited driving requester is they have to pay for the install, maintenance and removal of the system.

A breath test is only good for testing for alcohol. Law Enforcement is having to obtain more and more search warrants to draw blood to check for drugs, not alcohol.

Drugs, especially everyone’s favorite it seems, marijuana is the biggest problem. I don’t care how many BT machines you blow into it will not show impairment if you are on drugs.

Last edited:
   / Latest grab by auto manufactures #529  
When I was growing up we always paid for the daily newspaper. How is subscribing to an online site any different? Although I am still having a hard time getting news... often I learn more from the home page of my computer than from my local TV and/or online newspaper.

News papers were before my time. I'm only 32

Cable tv was their best method of delivery in my time but cable killed it self and died to streaming and the internet. Which is killing itself with subscription services.

We are at the point every body wants to offer a subscription,

News, Netflix, hulu, HBO, YouTube, you name it.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #530  
When I was growing up we always paid for the daily newspaper. How is subscribing to an online site any different?
What has changed is Who is Selling What, to Who. (Probably should have a Whom in that sentence; HS English was long ago....).

Print newspapers didn't monitor: What you read, How long you looked at it, What you looked at Next, What articles you went back to, What further use you made of the physical paper etc..... If they had, they would have tried to extract more money from Pet Supply advertisers, once they knew how many readers used the old paper to line bird cages..... :cool:

That is why all these OEMs want apps on your cell phones, instead of providing low-cost dedicated electronic fobs for you when you buy a new $50k+ vehicle...... they make stupid amounts of money, selling all the data they collect. One young guy I knew that was studying Automotive Marketing went to a major conference - a presenter broke down examples of what the data was worth - your Facebook et al information was worth much more to them than the sale of a typical physical vehicle.

So Yes, the visible Subscription $ noted in this thread re. keeping the vehicle operating As Delivered New are annoying to most people, but IMO, they are just the tip of the consumer-exploitation iceberg.

It's not hard to argue that we are becoming less of a pure Consumer, and more of a Data Set commodity.....

Rgds, D.