Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #511  
Not so much. If you read the news, you'll be informed. If you read and follow opinion only, you're screwed.

There's a huge difference between news and opinion. Follow actual facts, turn off the blow hards.
How do you get the "facts" ?
Where do you find the truth ?

Not in the local Minneapolis news paper, and certainly not on any of the network news TV broadcast.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #512  

Not in the local Minneapolis news paper, and certainly not on any of the network news TV broadcast.
It isn't easy to find news that hasn't gone through omission of information and the agenda spin but common sense can help. I typically look at the financial pages, I don't pay any attention to clickbait headlines, ignore opinion pieces, scroll past social media posts, and look for news items of interest on sites like ground news.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #513  
You won't pay for subscription and you won't view the ads. You expect to see the news for free. How do you expect them to fund their news gathering operation?
They don't really gather news. The news they try and sell to you came from someone else. You can tell because they all use the same phrases or headlines. The WSJ lets you read the first couple of paragraphs but when you click on "Read More", they lock the screen until you subscribe. That's not news reporting. That's an attempt to hijack my computer. I get most of my news from the radio anyway. The station just turned 100 years old. You don't get there by lying to people. It's a Clear-Channel station too so I've listened to it all the way to Colorado and back. They get paid by advertising.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #514  

You have two good newspapers up there. In editorial content, one leans slightly right and one leans more left when it comes to editorial content. Both are rated high for factual reporting.

• Overall, we rate the St. Paul Pioneer Press Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.

• Overall, we rate the Star Tribune Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #516  
OK thanks for that.

Now another question, If your car has the 'traffic follow" feature that slows down the car when you are in traffic and the car ahead of you slows down. If the car ahead of you keeps slowing down, lets say the speed limit is 60mph and you have the feature enabled, and the car ahead of you keeps slowing down, say to 40, will your car just keep slowing down also ?

And if the car ahead of you keeps speeding up, will your car keep speeding up also, evan above the posted speed limit ?

I know these may sound like dumb questions, but my newest vehicle is 23 years old. So I don't have any of these features.

Both my vehicles have this feature. I've actually had multiple vehicles with this feature and honestly, I love it.
On both you can choose either regular cruise control that just is set at a static speed you set and if traffic slows down you will need to touch the brake just like cruise has always worked.
You can also enable the adaptive cruise (Subaru) or I think Radar cruise (Toyota). They both work essentially the same. You select the distance between you and the vehicle in front and then set your cruise like you normally would. When traffic begins to slow the car will automatically adjust speed to match traffic and maintain the specified distance between you and the car ahead. I've had it work so well that it will actually bring you to a complete stop if the traffic ahead becomes stop and go. Now once this happens, it tells you the car ahead has moved and does not automatically start speeding up again.
If you change lanes or traffic begins to speed up the car will automatically accelerate back up to the specified speed you set your cruise to.

It works really well and means my commute into the city every other week is not bad at all. Also, on the rare occasion I have to travel from one end of the city to the other I can literally just set cruise and sit back (still need to be alert), but previously, I could never use cruise control as traffic tends to be too bad on this route.

I have way more experience with Subaru's system than with Toyota's, but I do like both. I am also a Subaru ambassador so if you have any questions specific to Subaru I'd be happy to help out.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #517  
So I’m still confused. The idea of the original post is you have to pay a monthly fee for electric seats for example. Does anybody know for sure that this is just for use with a app On your phone to start the car and turn the seats on or is it for them to work at all?

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #518  
So I’m still confused. The idea of the original post is you have to pay a monthly fee for electric seats for example. Does anybody know for sure that this is just for use with a app On your phone to start the car and turn the seats on or is it for them to work at all?
I know of no manufacture charging a monthly fee for electric seats. Nor do I know of any that charges for having auto heated or cooled seats depending on the season or pre set seat for two different drivers.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #519  
News company's struggled bad to transition away from the cable tv model. I wont pay

Everyone wants a subscription now. Its ridiculous

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #520  
On my GM vehicles, the subscription app lets you start the vehicle, turn on the heated seats and unlock the doors (in case you loose the fob) from OUTSIDE the vehicle. Once inside, everything works normally whether or not you subscribe to the app.

I don't know if this is true for all makes though.