Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #501  
My understanding was just that feature. Mind you, it's the feature that you've paid for, guess you don't own the car, just rent it.
I was watching a review of a Hyundai Ev ( I think it was a Hyundai) not that I would ever buy an electric car mind you. The charging cable was extra, $1,200, the girl doing the review compared it to buying a gas car, with a gas tank but no filler neck.

They may have, even if they did, I bet you dollars to donuts it'll be back
Are you sure it's the charging cable and not the 240 volt setup for at home? Most come with the standard 110 volt cable, which is enough for about 90% of car owners for home overnight charging, though if you need the other to charge at charging stations, that's just as bad.
All new ICE vehicles are obsolete, so unless you plan on preserving as a collector's item, or alternatively, driving it into the ground, the resale value of the dinosaurs is going to be terrible.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #502  
Are you sure it's the charging cable and not the 240 volt setup for at home?
I went back and looked after someone else wrote the same thing and you are 100% correct. They gave you the 110V 2 day charging cable but wanted the extra for the 240V cable.....

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #503  
This whole subscription model thing isn't limited to cars. Corps are all chomping at the bit to get you renting everything and owning nothing to protect their cash flow. Homes and cars down to the clothes on your back. "You'll own nothing and be happy" they say.

It's also the drive behind trying to homogenize us globally. The fewer distinct cultural groups there are the fewer tastes they have to cater to and the lower their costs.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #504  
This whole subscription model thing isn't limited to cars.
Software is really bad. Sketchup is one that comes to mind. I was considering buying it a couple years back but never did, back then it was a one time purchase, now it's a yearly subscription. The amount of problems posted of people having problems using it now because of the on-line login is unreal.
Solidworks is another one, I think it was over $2K a year last time I was at work.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #505  
Even the online news agencies are grabbing for your wallet. It's not enough they flash ads in your face. They want your cash too. And I don't even like some of them so it's easy to just click on the X.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #506  
I went back and looked after someone else wrote the same thing and you are 100% correct. They gave you the 110V 2 day charging cable but wanted the extra for the 240V cable.....

You were talking Hyundai, but the Tesla mobile charger that came with cars is 120-240v compatible. It came with a 5-15 and a 14-50 plug. There are other Cord adapters available for purchase for $30-50. The mobile connectors are rated for up to 7.6kw which isn’t bad. The wall charger is 11.5kw I believe.

Earlier this year, Tesla stopped supplying the mobile connectors with new cars. Now a purchase item of $200. Claimed from user input and minimum use. I’ve never taken mine out of the bag in the trunk. Nice to know it is there though.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #507  
Even the online news agencies are grabbing for your wallet. It's not enough they flash ads in your face. They want your cash too. And I don't even like some of them so it's easy to just click on the X.
You won't pay for subscription and you won't view the ads. You expect to see the news for free. How do you expect them to fund their news gathering operation?

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #509  
"You'll own nothing and be happy." From what I can tell one dude said this and everyone took it as freaking gospel. Sick of hearing it applied to everything.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #510  
If you do not read the news you are uninformed, if you do read the news you are misinformed.
Not so much. If you read the news, you'll be informed. If you read and follow opinion only, you're screwed.

There's a huge difference between news and opinion. Follow actual facts, turn off the blow hards.