Leaks, leaks and more leaks.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #1  

Ooklaa

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson gc1720
image.jpgOk so I have a total of 9 1/2 hrs of my tractor and im starting to some hydrolic leaks here and their. The first couplem where u the under on the seat and under the frame. Simple,to fix just turned some nuts about 1/4 turn and the went away.

Now today im usung the fel and noticed some leaking on my driveway. Looked to where the quick connects are near the forward and reverse pedals and those are leaking.

This is a lil annoying, i understand they are high pressure but i have counted so far 5 leaks. The frist couple where easy to fix. But the leaks near the quick connect seems to be leaking where the washers are.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #2  
Not sure exactly where the coupler leaks are by your description so ignore this if it doesn't apply.

Quick Connects will leak where they couple together if parked, engine off, and no hydraulic pressure against them. They are designed to seal with pressure. To test this, park the tractor with the FEL bucket off the ground so there's pressure against both sets. If you don't have more leakage, that's the issue. Nothing to be done about that.

If they are leaking where they couple together when using the tractor, that can be fixed. Couplers can be replaced or new o-rings and washers put in them. Either way that should be a dealer fix.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #4  
Are those swivel fittings that allow the hose to twist without the coupler turning?? If so, they are bad and need replaced. Again, by the dealer under warranty.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #5  
Additionally, if they are swivel fittings, they could be removed and the couplers fastened to the hose directly. Rare to see swivel fittings there. No use for them that I can tell.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks.
Yes i can turn the hose while the connector is still plugged. Anyone with the same series that can chime in, same hoses?

I will update with a video over the weekend.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #7  
where you are pointing looks like the connection between the hose and quick disconnect. Remove all the pressure from the lines and see if the connection is loose.

Also like ovrszd stated: This should be a dealer issue unless they are a long distance away. Would still call the dealer and let them know about these leaks though.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #8  
Sounds like he has swivel fittings between the hose and quick connect. Not sure why they would build them that way as it is more expensive. No purpose in a swivel there.

I'd also call the dealer at a minimum. If he is a long ways off, I'd want the parts shipped to me to fix the problem at a minimum. By the picture it appears the swivel fitting is what's crimped onto the hose. If so, it can only be removed by cutting it off and crimping on a new fitting or building a new hose. Either way requires removing the culprit hose and starting over. Bummer. :(

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #9  
That is certainly news to me, that couplers leak under no pressure. Things can go wrong with hydraulic hoses and fittings before it is realized in manufacturing.

Or maybe it was one persons job to put the hoses on and anothers to tighten them. But person number two went out for a smoke.

Last edited:
   / Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #10  
View attachment 450962Ok so I have a total of 9 1/2 hrs of my tractor and im starting to some hydrolic leaks here and their. The first couplem where u the under on the seat and under the frame. Simple,to fix just turned some nuts about 1/4 turn and the went away.

Now today im usung the fel and noticed some leaking on my driveway. Looked to where the quick connects are near the forward and reverse pedals and those are leaking.

This is a lil annoying, i understand they are high pressure but i have counted so far 5 leaks. The frist couple where easy to fix. But the leaks near the quick connect seems to be leaking where the washers are.
Well you only have 9 hours on it, I would take it back to the dealer.