Leaks, leaks and more leaks.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #21  
9 hours with leaks? Yup, I'd be calling the dealer for sure. If my new car leaked after 9 hours I'd be calling the dealer so why not for a tractor. My GC1705 has nearly 200 hours and it doesn't leak AT ALL.

Sent from my iPhone 2.0 using TractorByNet

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks.
Axle i have never ever taken off the front Fel at all or disconnected any of the front fel hydrolic lines. Only lines i have disconneted are the rear back hoe. So their is no human error.

I just got home from work and went to go see and yes the lines have leaked over night, a little on the ground right underneath the connections.

I will take a video tomorrow after work to show the leak. As the wife and child want to go to the mall :).

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #23  
I would lower the FEL, once tractor is off, work the joystick to relieve the pressure in the system. Then go ahead and disconnect all the lines and check all the O-rings inside if they are intact. Then go ahead recheck connect everything and start the tractor and work the FEL. Recheck the connections if they are still leaking.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #24  
Axle i have never ever taken off the front Fel at all or disconnected any of the front fel hydrolic lines. Only lines i have disconneted are the rear back hoe. So their is no human error.

I just got home from work and went to go see and yes the lines have leaked over night, a little on the ground right underneath the connections.

I will take a video tomorrow after work to show the leak. As the wife and child want to go to the mall :).

Greetings Niko,

Humsn error isn't limited to just you. I assume when you got delivery that someone showed you how to operate and remove and re install quick connects or entire fel. I know the first time I was reinstalling the quick connects . . I had a heck of a time getying it to re-seat properly. I cleaned the connection on both sides and nevet had a problem since then.

Its the type of think that is the mist obviously and its a 5 minute fix if that's it. :)

By the way . . . Good thing you went with the wife to the mall . . . this is not the time of year to goof up hubby duties :) :)

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #25  
I have 20 hours on my and after about 10 hours I had several leaks, moving the front end loader up and down had cause some of the fittings to come loose so I disconnected the hoses and tightened all the fittings so far no leaks but I do keep an eye on it good luck.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #26  
WHY is teflon tape such a danger to a "hydrostat"? The only thing I can think of is that it might screw up the operation of a spring loaded ball valve.

Because a piece of Teflon tape can block an orifice and cause all kinds of issues.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #27  
Guys, it does seem obvious to not let Teflon tape, or any other foreign material for that matter, get into the system. As with anything, use care when applying it.

It's certainly not going to break down and get past the threads if you take care to apply it properly.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #28  
It's always the old tape, that seems to be the problem. It's hard to pick off, and some may be left in the female end.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #29  
Not if you do it right the first time... And remove any of the material from the threads before reapplying.

I keep a couple old dental tools, those skinny plaque scrapers, in my toolbox, for just such applications. Along with a small wire brush, your threads will be clean as new.