Leaky male hose end

/ Leaky male hose end #1  

Wakey

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere Z915B Zero Turn 54 Deck
Is there ANY WAY to fix this? I twisted on the nut to no avail. Some times it gets worse, sometimes nothing changes. One thing it does not do is fix the leak. :laughing:

Look, I know lots of people have lots of real problems but if there is a way where I could put water on the beds without filling my shoes with water, that'd be great. :thumbsup:

In the past I've used lots of menders with varying degrees of success. I use 3/4" hoses. I've used these before httphttps://www.amazon.com/SOLID-Garden-Repair-Mender-Stainless/dp/B01M0Y1ZPW/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&dpID=61-S4NLhUQL&dpPl=1&psc=1&refRID=74HPCCMCWYR4P7989WBB&ref_=pd_aw_sim_86_1 and they work OK. The main problem I have with this mender is the nut on the hose clamp. It happily will shred your hand while using the hose. As I age, this will just get worse!

The plastic kind with a screw on each end, simply don't last.

OK, so this is the part where someone tells me of a magical fix for my hose. Bang it with a mini sledge? Weld it?

Does anyone have a recommendation for menders for 3/4" hose?

Forgot, here are the pics.. The arrows show where the leak is from.

20180728_113434.jpg

20180728_114055.jpg

Last edited:
   / Leaky male hose end #3  
I just tape up the hose clamp so it wont bite me.

/ Leaky male hose end #4  
When I first read the title of the thread, I incorrectly read it as "Leaky male horse end" and I was really wondering what it was about.

/ Leaky male hose end
When I first read the title of the thread, I incorrectly read it as "Leaky male horse end" and I was really wondering what it was about.

I just call the vet for that sort of thing. :laughing:

These work better than the metal ones you crimp on and I only use the Gilmore ones, they come in other sizes as well.

Amazon.com : Gilmour Metal Male End Hose Mender 5/8in - 3/4in : Garden Hose Parts : Garden & Outdoor

Ritothebull, thanks for the tip. I don't know if I've used that connector before but in the past when a mender says it works on 5/8 and 3/4, the collar does not fully seat on the hose. I did see where people mentioned using hot water, I'll give it a shot. Someone else said that you can clamp the couplings together to seat the screws.

Have you used this on a 3/4 hose?

/ Leaky male hose end #6  
If we live long enough, many of us will experience a form of this problem. The clamp on hose fix looks promising.

/ Leaky male hose end #7  
I tried the Gilmore clamp-on ones...it hurt like heck...but my wife thought it was an improvement :shocked:

/ Leaky male hose end #8  
I just call the vet for that sort of thing. :laughing:

Ritothebull, thanks for the tip. I don't know if I've used that connector before but in the past when a mender says it works on 5/8 and 3/4, the collar does not fully seat on the hose. I did see where people mentioned using hot water, I'll give it a shot. Someone else said that you can clamp the couplings together to seat the screws.

Have you used this on a 3/4 hose?

I have used them and their nylon ones as well, sometimes it may take a bit of work to strech the hose over them, if you put it in a vise than it's easier to push the hose on.

/ Leaky male hose end #9  
Heat the end of the hose to be replaced in hot, hot water, it will go on.