Leaning Fence Post Remediation

/ Leaning Fence Post Remediation #21  
You mean a fence post isn't as smart as a box of rocks? :cool2:

A large enough boulder certainly wouldn't lean and you could drill an anchor point into it for the fence wire(s).

/ Leaning Fence Post Remediation #22  
You mean a fence post isn't as smart as a box of rocks? :cool2:

A large enough boulder certainly wouldn't lean and you could drill an anchor point into it for the fence wire(s).
As long as the critters couldn't climb on it...

Aaron Z

/ Leaning Fence Post Remediation #23  
My advantage - all my fence posts are T-133 steel. I look down the line - any out of position - I just motor over and bend it back into position. Hey - the neighbor's cows gotta eat also. My un-grazed acres must look & taste pretty good.

You want to see a worried Mama cow - her calf just pushed under the bottom barbed wire and is running wild, out in the green grass. She wails at him - he looks over at her and keeps on chewing.

/ Leaning Fence Post Remediation #24  
You want to see a worried Mama cow - her calf just pushed under the bottom barbed wire and is running wild, out in the green grass. She wails at him - he looks over at her and keeps on chewing.

I saw that up close and personal. Calf got out and was on the side of the road. I'm walking along trying to guide the calf back to where it could get back in (not my calf, yard or fence). Calf would get spooked and run down the paved county road. Momma was keeping right up with it on the inside of the fence. Calf kept running further from the opening out towards the state highway and I couldn't get past it to guide it the other way. I don't remember how exactly I finally got past it, but I ended up getting it back in through a different spot.

/ Leaning Fence Post Remediation #25  
I see adult cows out between the fence and the paved county road quite often - particularly this time of year. Don't worry so much about them - pretty unlikely they will wander out onto the road. Its the spring calves that make me concerned. I've have a lot of experience of running them and pretty hard - but finally they will give up and dive back thru the barbed wire fence. They are the ones that will wander and get hit by some YAHOO going 20 over the posted limit.

/ Leaning Fence Post Remediation #26  
I see adult cows out between the fence and the paved county road quite often - particularly this time of year. Don't worry so much about them - pretty unlikely they will wander out onto the road. Its the spring calves that make me concerned. I've have a lot of experience of running them and pretty hard - but finally they will give up and dive back thru the barbed wire fence. They are the ones that will wander and get hit by some YAHOO going 20 over the posted limit.

if you build a good enough fence. the cows won't / can't get out.
There is a guy up by me that runs 10 strands of barbed wire. He has a 6x6x8' treated post every 9 ft in between these 6x6x8 post are 6'.5'' T post only way his cows are getting out is someone cuts his fence

/ Leaning Fence Post Remediation #27  
if you build a good enough fence. the cows won't / can't get out.
There is a guy up by me that runs 10 strands of barbed wire. He has a 6x6x8' treated post every 9 ft in between these 6x6x8 post are 6'.5'' T post only way his cows are getting out is someone cuts his fence

If a guy has a fence like that, he has more money in the fence then the cattle are worth! Be less expense to install 49" field fence than 10 strands of barbed wire.

The original poster's problem is his corner post are not set deep enough.

/ Leaning Fence Post Remediation #28  
Ha, ha - yea, D2Cat - the guy could just save time and put in 4' x 10' sections of hog fencing. Anybody that has ten strands of barbed wire - more $$$ than common sense and he does not have 500 miles of fence to instal and maintain. Both of my neighbors - one on the north, other on the south have more than that amount.

/ Leaning Fence Post Remediation #29  
I had exactly your problem on fence posts that I installed because I didn't know any better and did it wrong. I added the diagonal posts outside the H and it has held up well. They are welded to a 3' vertical piece that is mostly buried, set in about 3/4 yard of concrete and at a slight angle. I dug the hole for the brace post with the mini-ex first, set the brace post in concrete and once that cured, I pulled the post straight with the mini-ex and welded in the diagonal support.

IMG_20180506_143838248.jpg

IMG_20180506_133224418~2.jpg