LEATHERMAN tools

/ LEATHERMAN tools #41  
I must have probably 10 leatherman along with Victorinox, gerbers, SOG and many other brands.
The original Leatherman Which I still love and a sidekick I use for gardening.
I have a leatherman in my truck, It is the toughest and looks just like new, though it must be 30 years old now.

/ LEATHERMAN tools #42  
When I buy my next multi tool it's gonna be a LMan , Surge/Wave or Skeletor . I have all my life have only owned Gerbers .
Which have served me beyond expectations. However my favorite plier head has always been the blunt nose as Gerber calls it.
Here is my Gerber blunt nose . I sure wish Leatherman gave one the option of the bluntnose .
Maybe they do I sure never seen one .

Attachments

• 20220711_190437.jpg
    20220711_190437.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
  • 20220711_190340.jpg
    20220711_190340.jpg
    1,023.2 KB · Views: 91
   / LEATHERMAN tools #43  
Slight sidetrack. I was visiting my son. We were at one of his friends house putting up a rock climbing wall. I was using someone's Leatherman and broke the phillips screwdriver bit. I obviously offered to replace it. My son and I went to the local mall that had a Leatheman's store. We found the replacement, but I told my son we should check our Sears first. I found the exact model of Leatherman at Sears cheaper than at the Leatherman store. That just seemed wrong to me. But his friend was happy, and my son was happy because he took the broken one.

I know they have a warranty, but I wouldn't have felt right making the owner go through the warranty process. (I think my son did though)

Doug in SW IA

/ LEATHERMAN tools #44  
I have a Folding BUCK Knife: Hunter 110 - I love it, and use it several times daily. That frequency actually surprises me.

Though I have never previously considered this, I'm now thinking that a LEATHERMAN tool might be a nice addition to my daily pocket tools. I just have no idea what kind / model of Leathernan tool I should consider ... there are SO MANY options, it could be as difficult as buying your first tractor. :) What are the priority features on the leatherman tool, for general purpose while working around the property ?

Thoughts appreciated.
I still have the first locking Leatherman tool model that was sold . A handy device that is used regularly .
Just treated myself to a new holster for it,
A flashlight and lighter from “ Tale of Knives “. Good prodict
But totally over
Priced to obtain a model with the latching clasp and leather loop over the multi tool .

/ LEATHERMAN tools
I started looking at some of the Leatherman's

I did not know this ... "as with all Leatherman multi-tools, there’s a 25-year warranty" (GREAT)

WAVE Plus $150 Cdn - considered "best investment" according to some reviews
SURGE $190 Cdn - the larger size seems to be a good choice for me (my mitts are pretty big)
Others $130+ Cdn
Skeletool $110 Cdn
Supertool $140 Cdn - also a larger size, appeals to me

I saw Gerber knives but no multi-tools today
Some Swiss Army knives also

there were some other brands that seemed good and comparatively priced, but I think the Leatherman is my preferred choice. A bit more pricey than I anticipated. So many options.

/ LEATHERMAN tools #46  
I carry, a “Crunch” which has locking pliers like a vise grip, and some version of a Gerber, pretty much anytime I get to go play in the woods. I had custom sheaths made which go on the belt horizontally. A lot more comfortable to me.

When I first went to work for the water district, they passed them out as standard issue, in the PPE bags, in your on-boarding safety class.

That lasted about two years. They figured out that, given a tool which allows you to tweak and adjust things, many folks will. Even if they have no idea what they are doing.

/ LEATHERMAN tools #47  
I started looking at some of the Leatherman's

I did not know this ... "as with all Leatherman multi-tools, there’s a 25-year warranty" (GREAT)

WAVE Plus $150 Cdn - considered "best investment" according to some reviews
SURGE $190 Cdn - the larger size seems to be a good choice for me (my mitts are pretty big)
Others $130+ Cdn
Skeletool $110 Cdn
Supertool $140 Cdn - also a larger size, appeals to me

I saw Gerber knives but no multi-tools today
Some Swiss Army knives also

there were some other brands that seemed good and comparatively priced, but I think the Leatherman is my preferred choice. A bit more pricey than I anticipated. So many options.
Very slightly off the actual topic: I have worn a Leatherman carabiner watch for decades... as a retired Navy Electronics Tech it meant not accidently/forgetfully sticking it into a piece of equipment and, as a motorcycle rider, not having my gloves jam a wristwatch up my forearm.

Mine is very 'beat-up' after all this time; it's lost the compass and the map-reading magnifying flip cover, but the red LED light still works and it's kept perfect time. I think I've only had to replace the battery 3 times over the years.

I believe that S&W make a carabiner watch too.

/ LEATHERMAN tools
lots of cool stuff

/ LEATHERMAN tools #49  
I have 2 Leatherman Waves, one is very slighly fatter than the other and that is on my work belt. The other is on my everyday belt. Just doesn't feel right not being able to reach to my belt and grab the Leatherman. Just two things that irritate me though: 1. It's easy to pinch your hand in the handle of the pliers - OK I just have to be careful and 2. Every time I undress or go to the lavatory the bloody holster and leatherman slips off the belt onto the floor. Years ago I suggested they devised a clip. But if that's the price I have to pay then the Leatherman is worth it.

/ LEATHERMAN tools #50  
Leatherman used to have a "lifetime" warranty. But as with all good things, abusers got that canned for us.......

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Milwaukee Deep Cut Porta-Band Saw (A33349)
Milwaukee Deep Cut...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
John Deere 9610 JD Combine (A33041)
John Deere 9610 JD...
"1986 Freightliner Road Tractor w/Sleeper 3406 Cat Diesel Engine, Fuller 9- (A33349)
"1986 Freightliner...
(2) Pallets of Threaded Rods (A33349)
(2) Pallets of...
Vermeer 75 Trencher (A33041)
Vermeer 75...