LEATHERMAN tools

/ LEATHERMAN tools #61  
My gardening knife is a Wingman Leatherman. Don't feel so bad cutting items that have dirt on them.
Good basic setup, and holding up well.

/ LEATHERMAN tools #62  
I have a Folding BUCK Knife: Hunter 110 - I love it, and use it several times daily. That frequency actually surprises me.

Though I have never previously considered this, I'm now thinking that a LEATHERMAN tool might be a nice addition to my daily pocket tools. I just have no idea what kind / model of Leathernan tool I should consider ... there are SO MANY options, it could be as difficult as buying your first tractor. :) What are the priority features on the leatherman tool, for general purpose while working around the property ?

Thoughts appreciated.
I always carry the model that has the pliers folded in it. I can't count the times I needed those pliers. The best place I've used them is in hotel rooms to change the direction of the AC vents either towards me or away from me.

/ LEATHERMAN tools
oosik mentioned Benchmade, which I had never heard of and had to Google. Good Knife.

That search however also immediately brought up this

BOKER-TIRPITZ-DAMASCUS POCKET KNIFE - 110190DAM​

Holy Cow - the intricate blade design etc. Retails for $1850.00 USD (I think my multi-tool idea will be a bargain purchase now)

1658430046406.png

/ LEATHERMAN tools
I have a P4 Squirt...I probably use it more on my fingernails than anything although the pliers are great...

I use the awl for getting the crud from under my nails and I am always using the file to smooth off hang or ripped nails...got to take care of the lunch hooks...!
nail clippers would be a great additional tool on there :)

/ LEATHERMAN tools
This is more great info everyone, thank you for sharing experiences and photos.

Multi multi-tools in multi locations ... that's the ticket. Who says you need just one. :)

and 2. Every time I undress or go to the lavatory the bloody holster and leatherman slips off the belt onto the floor. Years ago I suggested they devised a clip. But if that's the price I have to pay then the Leatherman is worth it.
I totally relate to that issue, and the culprit is my Buck Knife. Some Leatherman's have the clip now. (good idea)

your level of research on such a purchase is commendable (reminds me of someone else I know quite well 😄)
that kinda thing irritates my wife. I'm a hard sell. I say that "It's part of my charm" - she laughs. I say, don't forget, that after much research, I picked YOU ❤️

Buy once, cry once.
yup, good rule to live by

Last edited:
   / LEATHERMAN tools #66  
oosik mentioned Benchmade, which I had never heard of and had to Google. Good Knife.

That search however also immediately brought up this

BOKER-TIRPITZ-DAMASCUS POCKET KNIFE - 110190DAM​

Holy Cow - the intricate blade design etc. Retails for $1850.00 USD (I think my multi-tool idea will be a bargain purchase now)

View attachment 755200

Do you know this history of those? The name and crest?

There is a reason they're almost $2k, and nice as it may be it's not the engraving.

/ LEATHERMAN tools
Do you know this history of those? The name and crest?

There is a reason they're almost $2k, and nice as it may be it's not the engraving.
I know nothing, but they look to be solid.
Out of my budget, but probably worth every dollar. I think I'd be afraid to use it. Collection purpose only, IF I ever acquired one
I just did a little Google history "research" - fascinating

Last edited:
   / LEATHERMAN tools #68  
At the same time, I see the same knife advertised for 1/2 that on Amazon & Knife Depot, so it makes me wonder if the cheaper ones are knock-offs (counterfeits from a country not to be mentioned) or if the higher priced ones are just trying to make better profits at our expense. I have my Grandfather's pre-war damascus dagger style letter opener & a few other old "Solingen" blades from him, but my pocket knives tend to be useful as opposed to collector's pieces.

/ LEATHERMAN tools #69  
I know nothing, but they look to be solid.
Out of my budget, but probably worth every dollar. I think I'd be afraid to use it. Collection purpose only, IF I ever acquired one

I really like my Leatherman knives but lost a very expensive one a while back…so I found Kershaw Select Fire, it has a built in screwdriver and 4 bits. Not very expensive so if I lose it I am not out much…not that I want to.
The only complaint is it holding an edge. That may be me.

/ LEATHERMAN tools #70  
I wear my Surge in my right front pants pocket with the clip every day. Feel naked without it, once you get used to it, you will too.
Everyone knows I have it and always ask to use it in a pinch.
I have dealt with the warranty on older models and was very pleased with the process and speed.
I highly suggest a model that you don't need to "open" to get to the knife, the Surge is just a thumb flip.
My older models are now in consoles of vehicles but never get used as I always have the Surge on me.
Saved my butt countless times and I love it. Definitely the tool that gets used the most.
VERY strong tool.
Buy once, cry once.
I would cry twice. The first when I bought it, the second time when I left it on the bumper and lost it.