LEATHERMAN tools

/ LEATHERMAN tools #51  
2. Every time I undress or go to the lavatory the bloody holster and leatherman slips off the belt onto the floor. Years ago I suggested they devised a clip.

I tried the case-on-the-belt thing and found the same issues. I went to a pocket clip and it is GREAT!

/ LEATHERMAN tools #52  
Leatherman used to have a "lifetime" warranty. But as with all good things, abusers got that canned for us.......

I remember it being 25 years back in the 1990s.

/ LEATHERMAN tools
from what I read the other day, the Leatherman's have a 25 yr warranty.

(in other circles, that is a Life sentence, so close enough to life-time, I guess)

/ LEATHERMAN tools #56  
I think the first one I got was in 88 or 89.
They had been around for a while at that point.

/ LEATHERMAN tools
Let the Voting Begin :) ... there are a lot of good multi-tools out there, and I've watched a few dozen videos. For me it is a matter of practical daily use around the hobby farm property and for fishing. Leatherman still in the lead, several models.
1) Leatherman SURGE
2) Leatherman FREE 4
3) Leatherman WAVE Plus

I like that they are domestic (USA), and I can find the models locally, so there is that service ability etc if there are questions.
The larger size is a plus for me, and it will be on my belt, easy to access for regular use.
I may buy an additional cheaper multi-tool for occasional use, leave it in the truck, tackle box, etc. To that end, I saw a couple of nice cheap multi-tools (rather watched the videos) ... available at Costco (1.5 hrs away) and a second one available at Walmart (local). I think it was Black Force. Canadian Tire (local) has a limited selection, mostly the cheaper brands.

That is my conclusion :)

/ LEATHERMAN tools #58  
Your level of research on such a purchase is commendable (reminds me of someone else I know quite well 😄)

IMHO, I do not think you can go wrong with any of the three you listed. I would personally lean toward the Wave or the Surge.
Your plan to have a primary unit and secondary one for other use is something I have done as well. However, be wary of the cheaper models. I had one years ago I received as a gift and the handle was relatively uncomfortable to use and the blade would not keep an edge.

I recently received several used Gerber units that my brother owned. They have proven to be excellent for leaving in the truck, hunting pak, and other locations when needed. My Leatherman remains on my belt and receives the most use by far.

Look forward to hearing about your purchase as well as seeing a pic of your selection!

/ LEATHERMAN tools #59  
Anybody own a " Skeletol " some reviews of broken needle nose when pressured by a gorilla . lol
Just from viewing them they seem like for the white water rafting guides or something with that clip on attachment they have on them . I'am I correct to assume they dont come with a pouch for belt carry ?
Also from pics it appears they don't have many tool features on them .

/ LEATHERMAN tools #60  
I wear my Surge in my right front pants pocket with the clip every day. Feel naked without it, once you get used to it, you will too.
Everyone knows I have it and always ask to use it in a pinch.
I have dealt with the warranty on older models and was very pleased with the process and speed.
I highly suggest a model that you don't need to "open" to get to the knife, the Surge is just a thumb flip.
My older models are now in consoles of vehicles but never get used as I always have the Surge on me.
Saved my butt countless times and I love it. Definitely the tool that gets used the most.
VERY strong tool.
Buy once, cry once.