LEATHERMAN tools

/ LEATHERMAN tools
my son-in-law has a Leatherman Crunch that he uses all the time. he likes the vice-grip tool particularly. Very cool tool.

so, while I wait to get a Leatherman SURGE ...,

I found a cheap Coleman brand camping / fishing multi-tool. 16 tools in 1, $14.98 Cdn. Thought I'd get started with that one, see how often i'll actually use it, and yes it has a cheap fabric sheath. It will probably stay in the tackle box.

1658973368110.png
this one for now :)

I thought the Coleman brand was superior to the WorkPro brand that WalMart also stocked. That one was a 12 tools in 1, $12.98 Cdn

1658973730759.png

Last edited:
   / LEATHERMAN tools
I have used my cheap $15 Coleman multi-tool (15 tools) quite regularly in the two weeks since I've had it. Now at least I know that a multi-tool is something that will be valuable to me, and used regularly.

Today, I gave it a real workout. Sadly, the Coleman camping multi-tool was NOT up to the task.

I needed to cut a thin strip of metal / wire (smaller, narrower, thinner than the cutting edge on the Coleman) and I had to assist it by bending, to make the cut. Then I could not open the multi-tool up again, to release the cut thin metal strip. I was out in the back end of the property and I needed about 10 strips - like a 6 inch twist tie. I managed to get the multi-tool pried open each time with the help of my Buck Knife.

Final Score : Buck Knife 9 Coleman multi-tool 0

... saving up for the Leatherman Surge. :)

The Coleman is worth every bit of the $15 Cdn that I paid for it, and I got exactly what I paid for in a cheap temporary option. When I get the Leatherman, this camping unit will find a home in the fishing tackle box. That is where it is meant to be ... it even has a fish hook retrieval tool.

/ LEATHERMAN tools #85  
I have used my cheap $15 Coleman multi-tool (15 tools) quite regularly in the two weeks since I've had it. Now at least I know that a multi-tool is something that will be valuable to me, and used regularly.

Today, I gave it a real workout. Sadly, the Coleman camping multi-tool was NOT up to the task.

I needed to cut a thin strip of metal / wire (smaller, narrower, thinner than the cutting edge on the Coleman) and I had to assist it by bending, to make the cut. Then I could not open the multi-tool up again, to release the cut thin metal strip. I was out in the back end of the property and I needed about 10 strips - like a 6 inch twist tie. I managed to get the multi-tool pried open each time with the help of my Buck Knife.

Final Score : Buck Knife 9 Coleman multi-tool 0

... saving up for the Leatherman Surge. :)

The Coleman is worth every bit of the $15 Cdn that I paid for it, and I got exactly what I paid for in a cheap temporary option. When I get the Leatherman, this camping unit will find a home in the fishing tackle box. That is where it is meant to be ... it even has a fish hook retrieval tool.
Appreciate the update. Pretty much the expected outcome, but you got your money's worth as noted :)
You will not be disappointed when you get the Leatherman. Let us know when you do.(y)

/ LEATHERMAN tools #86  
my son-in-law has a Leatherman Crunch that he uses all the time. he likes the vice-grip tool particularly. Very cool tool.

I’ll second that. I usually carry one along with a Swiss army Cyber Tool, and can get most tasks done in the field without going to the shop for tools.

/ LEATHERMAN tools #87  
I'm shocked at the current prices for Leatherman tools! What was what I remember as a $25 tool is now well over $100. Did I sleep through a decade of price creep?