Lenar 254 II Hydraulic pump weak

/ Lenar 254 II Hydraulic pump weak #61  
And I did just notice a crack in one of the brass adapters.Thank God I don't have a chunk of brass in my brain!Wow,good info here,thanks again Dave.Again I buy all of the tees,adapters,valve,etc.,I might just be better off to haul the tractor to a heavy equipment place and have them check the pump pressure for me right off the pump-I wouldn't think they would charge me too much. ??
Mike

Mike
A practical alternative to hauling your machine somewhere, is to have a mobile mechanic come to you.

You would need to go to him with some photos and a description of what you want him to do so he arrives with the necessary fittings, or have him drop by at the end of his day and look to return later when he has the parts he needs.

You wont find a mechanic used to Chinese machines but you can get a good solid mechanic used to fixing farm tractors in the field or trucks at the side of the road,.

You likely split the brass adapter screwing something into it too far and that split it right away.

Dave M7040

/ Lenar 254 II Hydraulic pump weak #62  
Leejohn

I have all available, manuals for the Lenar and could send you the link to download them? Interesting reading, almost complete lack of info on some topics.

Dave M7040

No, thanks anyways. I have tons of manuals I haven't read yet.

/ Lenar 254 II Hydraulic pump weak
Ordered a new pump out of China-problem solved.Loader works better than it ever did.Thanks for all the help though guys,this one was a head-scratcher!
Mike

/ Lenar 254 II Hydraulic pump weak #64  
Ordered a new pump out of China-problem solved.Loader works better than it ever did.Thanks for all the help though guys,this one was a head-scratcher!
Mike

Mike
Thanks for the final chapter on this story.
It is really great when the one with the problem reports back on the solution. Too many just go away and never update.
How much was the pump?

Dave M

/ Lenar 254 II Hydraulic pump weak
Thanks Dave,I got the pump for 74.77 delivered.Unreal,huh?While I was at it,from the same company in China I ordered all the filters on the tractor-fuel,oil,hydraulic,etc and a new water pump (mine was leaking).Total with 5 day special shipping came to 273.00 I believe.They did not have an air filter but I took a chance and bought one here in the states for a Mahindra 2525 and it is the identical filter.The Mahindra 2525 is pretty much a red Lenar 254II from what I have learned.
Mike

Last edited:
   / Lenar 254 II Hydraulic pump weak #66  
Greygoose .... I just found this thread and after reading the whole thing glad to see problem resolved. I have a similar problem in that everything works except that the bucket is sluggish after sitting for about a year. I replaced all the FEL hoses because a couple were leaking. There are no leaks, and the bucket will curl slowly but will not stay up. It will dump quickly. It appears that the cylinders work, but may be leaking internally, so the fluid is bypassing the seal between curl and dump chambers??
Hope someone can offer a suggestion, since all the other hydraulic functions seem to work. BTW, the Red River folks were very helpful and I received the Maintenance Manual, the Operators Manual, and The Parts book from them.

/ Lenar 254 II Hydraulic pump weak #67  
Sorry for reviving this few month old thread. I too have inherited a lenar 274-1 that from what I read has basically the same components as the 254 II. I am having the same problem as Lenar254 member and would like some experienced insight. After getting the tractor from my Uncle for free because it wouldn't start after I figured out the problem with it not starting(being bad wiring) I have found that I am not getting proper hydraulic function to my FEL or 3pt lifts. Thanks in advance, and also any download links for the manuals would be greatly helpful.

/ Lenar 254 II Hydraulic pump weak #68  
Well, I got the filter cleaned out, and the hydraulics are working great now! The bucket still curls down and I am going to chalk that up to being a bad cylinder so I'll have it swapped out soon.

/ Lenar 254 II Hydraulic pump weak #70  
Sorry for reviving this few month old thread. I too have inherited a lenar 274-1 that from what I read has basically the same components as the 254 II. I am having the same problem as Lenar254 member and would like some experienced insight. After getting the tractor from my Uncle for free because it wouldn't start after I figured out the problem with it not starting(being bad wiring) I have found that I am not getting proper hydraulic function to my FEL or 3pt lifts. Thanks in advance, and also any download links for the manuals would be greatly helpful.

Here are the links for the manuals which I got from Gary at Red River parts:

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive...f4f0f8291/01 LE 254 II MAINTENANCE MANUAL.pdf

If you click on the "Dowload 3 files" link, you can save the .pdf files to your computer. I have yet to rebuild the bucket cylinders, waiting on cooler weather here in Texas to do that.