Lets get it right

/ Lets get it right
I agree with others stating your should hire out the land clearing. That isnt an ideal role for a tractor. I looked heavily into snow blowers. The rear blower to me is terrible on your body( facing backwards for an hour) but with 600 ft maybe it wont be that bad. The front blowers are much better (with MidPTO not hydraulics), but hard to get on/off if you do other things with the FEL. Machine looks like a bunch of fun!
Jchonline I plan to do as much as I can with the tractor as far as the clearing goes. I will finish it off with a rented excavator as I need to remove some of the hill also. I have a front snow blower on order because the turning around to drive part is not possible, at least for me. It sounds like I need to get any and all work done before installing the blower because of the work involved.
The fun continues:)

/ Lets get it right #52  
I have a mile long gravel driveway. Some years we get snow. "Snow" - it's become a local joke. Anyhow - I used a 3-point blower to clear the berms that would form and freeze. My first tractor was not heavy enough to do the job with its rear blade. Finally - after 27 years( yes, I'm Norwegian ) I'd had it. Got a tractor big enough to clear the berms with the rear blade - Kubota M6040.

Normal clearing with the blower - 3 1/2 to 4 hour operation. You want to talk about sore neck & shoulders.

Uff-da

/ Lets get it right #53  
I have a B2650 cab model. It is great in the winter with heat and great in the summer with A/C. However, I traded in a B2910 on this tractor. The engine made the most noise and the Hydrostatic drive was not a nuisance at all, noise-wise. The B2650 cab pretty much traps most of the hydrostatic racket in the cab. You will definitely want hearing protection.

Other than that the B2650 is a great tractor. I have 23 acres with 18 acres of woods. I have never had an issue with glass breaking in the 19 years we have lived here. Sometimes a limb will move a mirror, but you can adjust it back very easily. If you have limbs sticking out in your way, just cut them back before you try to drive through them, and you will have no issues.

Good Luck,
Joe

/ Lets get it right #54  
Hello new and old members.
I'm an old guy, but a new member. I'm looking to purchase my first and last tractor all in one motion. My retirement home in northern WI has a 600 foot gravel drive with a 10 degree incline heading out. There is 3 acres of wood to clean up and I need to clear a spot for a garage. After the clearing, my tractor will be used only for driveway maintenance and snow blowing ( front mount) as I'm not as flexible as I used to be. I was considering the Kubota B2650, 26 HP. Now it is being replaced by the LX2610. Pretty much the same tractor mechanically, just more bells and whistles. My dilemma is, should I get the cab model or not? Will the cab muffle the sound of different functions? I am used to listening to my tools/machinery run and know when I am pushing them. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the subject. Would anyone in the north snow country even consider going without a cab?

Keep the top up!
Cab all day every day you will love it winter(warm)summer (cool).. My good friend just purchased LX2610 with cab and he loves it..

/ Lets get it right #55  
Been out here 40+ years now. Both tractors were/are open station. I hate cabs. They seem to intensify the tractor sounds, I like being out in the fresh air, a cab restricts my view. I simply dress warmly when I go out in the winter. Not that much of a chore.

/ Lets get it right #56  
Cabless BX25 with rear blower, 2 driveways (One is 500 feet, and the other is 100 feet.). I don’t mind looking back, although it does get a little sore after a while, and I don’t mind the snow blowing on me. I just dress appropriately.

When I was checking out the B2650, I saw that the cab was $10,000 more! Man what I wouldn’t buy for $10,000! All kinds of extra implements.

So, to each his own.

/ Lets get it right #57  
I'm in NY's snow belt and have moved lots of the stuff. My tractors are all open station and can be torture when the wind is blowing. However, I view this preferable to a cab for the following reason: staying awake.

Years ago I was in charge of clearing a runway at an airport with a cabbed NH tractor and a snow blower. I had the worst time staying awake imaginable. The drone of the engine, the comfortable cab, and the uneventful job of snow blowing combined to put me into dreamland. Struggled mightily to overcome unconsciousness. The edges weren't so bad; you had to keep an eye out for runway lights, but the centre was a real fight. Even fiddling with the temperature, drinking coffee, and opening a window didn't help much.

For this reason, I find the comfort of a cab to be a dangerous seduction. But not everyone has this problem.

/ Lets get it right #58  
Jchonline I plan to do as much as I can with the tractor as far as the clearing goes. I will finish it off with a rented excavator as I need to remove some of the hill also. I have a front snow blower on order because the turning around to drive part is not possible, at least for me. It sounds like I need to get any and all work done before installing the blower because of the work involved.
The fun continues:)
to see what the LX2610 cab tractor is like in the woods and for blowing snow and the instalation of the blower you should check out GPoutdoors on Youtube as he has this tractor and is in the woods a lot and has a 2 mile long driveway to blow in the winter he is in Ontario Canada