Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast!

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #51  
My 2' x 2' x 2', (4 cubic Ft) concrete block, w/2" trailer receiver hitch cast in. (12-13) 80# bags of Sakrete, approximately 1150# with hitch iron in the block.
C. W..JPGCounter Weight.JPG

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #52  
I like the yellow! I may have to color mine up one day. I am toying with the idea of a basket of sorts on top or rack for stuff if you are on a tree trimming/moving mission. Seeing other ideas on here makes a guy a think!

Does anyone know of an excel sheet that has a generic picture of a tractor with a loader and ballast that has spaces to show x,y,z, etc points for dimensions and weights? It would be nice to be able to plug in numbers for your machine and have some formulas setup to determine the fulcrum point based on different weights and distances off the axles.

Surely this exists already?

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #53  
I just today bought a Rigid 16 cubic foot job site box (Home Depot) for the prime purpose of putting it on a pallet and strapping it to my 3pt pallet forks.
ridgid-jobsite-storage-48r-os-64_1000.jpg

I plan on putting as much concrete as I need inside, then storing whatever on top. I figure it will hold up to 26 80 lb bags of concrete. I might put some vertical pipes on the sides to hold long handled tools, like my pole saw.

I was looking at either building my own our buying a used job box but I've been looking for years and $250 for a 16 cubic ft job box is pretty good.

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #54  
I like the yellow! I may have to color mine up one day..............................
I painted mine yellow because every year some of my loader works involves being on a secondary public road and I want high viability for my tail other than just a SMV emblem.

$250 for a 16 cubic ft job box is pretty good........................................
I'll say. Some tractor branded ballast boxes are priced higher than that and not near as sturdy. Nice find. But it would have been just a little to large to suit my needs.

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #55  
I painted mine yellow because every year some of my loader works involves being on a secondary public road and I want high viability for my tail other than just a SMV emblem.

I'll say. Some tractor branded ballast boxes are priced higher than that and not near as sturdy. Nice find. But it would have been just a little to large to suit my needs.

Totally understand that. Since you have a receiver hitch there you might could add a light bar for even more visibility. People are way to occupied these days instead of watching the road!!

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #56  
I just today bought a Rigid 16 cubic foot job site box (Home Depot) for the prime purpose of putting it on a pallet and strapping it to my 3pt pallet forks.
ridgid-jobsite-storage-48r-os-64_1000.jpg

I plan on putting as much concrete as I need inside, then storing whatever on top. I figure it will hold up to 26 80 lb bags of concrete. I might put some vertical pipes on the sides to hold long handled tools, like my pole saw.

I was looking at either building my own our buying a used job box but I've been looking for years and $250 for a 16 cubic ft job box is pretty good.

Man I’d hate to fill that with concrete! I understand your point by man I’d hate to fill that with concrete! Lol

Those job boxes are so nice and would make an excellent project box for the tractor for the remote jobs.

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #57  
Started my ballast project yesterday. So far I've used scrap that was laying around the house. Plan on putting in 4 PVC tubes, a receiver hitch and maybe some concrete anchor bolts sticking out the sides for hooks. Will probably leave 6" on top for chains or tools.

IMG-0527.JPG
IMG-0526.JPG

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #60  
About the 4 cubic foot comment.... What to check your math...

Dale
Ok, 8 cubic feet. My math was correct when I formed my box, along with the weight. It's just that I typed in the wrong figure (4) in my original comment on this thread. Does that suit you now?