Let's see your flatbeds!

/ Let's see your flatbeds!
View attachment 386044
Here is my 06 2500 short bed

I agree, it does look a little odd, but I think it's only becuase it's a shortbed... not because it's srw. Looks awfully handy though, so who cares!

I agree, I looked at those too. I'm sure they are pricey, but I have gotten some good ideas from looking at them.

I have looked around a little, and have found that used flatbeds can be found pretty cheap. SRW flatbeds are kinda scarce though, but I am sure I could eventually find one in decent shape for under $1000 (what a decent replacement truck bed would probably cost). I still may build one when the time comes though, because I can make it the way I want it, but I could also modify a factory one if the price was right.

Thanks for the pictures guys, keep 'em coming!

/ Let's see your flatbeds! #13  
Thanks W3 and Red! I guess the yanks don't like it. Sorry just wanted to post a pic of a 3/4 ton with a flat bed for the thread.

/ Let's see your flatbeds!
Thanks W3 and Red! I guess the yanks don't like it. Sorry just wanted to post a pic of a 3/4 ton with a flat bed for the thread.

No need to be sorry, we appreciate ALL pictures. And even if someone doesn't like the aesthetics, I'm sure they can appreciate the functionality.

/ Let's see your flatbeds! #15  
Keep em coming guys

/ Let's see your flatbeds! #16  
1997 F Super Duty used every day to haul my business trailer around. Flat bed is hand for carrying stepladders. Also nice when fall arrives to have one ton pallets of wood pellets placed directly on the bed to haul home.

bucket.jpg

/ Let's see your flatbeds! #17  
Flatbeds are more useful than factory beds. You can get to the bed from all sides, it's not so tall. On most pickups with 4x4 I can't reach the bed floor standing beside the truck. They look odd probably because it isn't what you normally see.

Stake pockets, if you don't use the fold down sides, and a strap-down rail are very useful to have. Mud flaps will balance out the bare look at the rear.

/ Let's see your flatbeds! #18  

No need to apologize, and I never said I don't like it. I just said it looks goofy. I'm sure it works great, and that's what counts.

/ Let's see your flatbeds! #19  
image-1330240956.jpg

95 Dodge 3500 w/ Cummins ,automatic trans. 4wd w/ 9' flatbed 130,000 miles

/ Let's see your flatbeds! #20  
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgMy old girl. Built the deck, painted it and built a removable 4-way fifth wheel when I was 17. Absolutely love having it, it's handy with the flat deck like that. Three things though, 1-should have had stake pockets, 2-that dang fuel tank should have been round and hung off the drivers side frame, 3-should have built the headache rack when I did everything else, I never seem to get around to it.