Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #651  
I have 3 flail mowers, a mott, a ford and a large front mount for my ZTR. These all discharge to the rear of the mower.
If it rotated the opposite it would discharge to the front of the mower causing you to re-mow as you traveled forward... that may work in very short grass but would soon build up in anything thick or tall .

/ Let's talk flail mowers #652  
I have 3 flail mowers, a mott, a ford and a large front mount for my ZTR. These all discharge to the rear of the mower.
If it rotated the opposite it would discharge to the front of the mower causing you to re-mow as you traveled forward... that may work in very short grass but would soon build up in anything thick or tall .

My Caroni "discharges" to the rear but rotates backwards (opposite tractor tires). This does enhance mulching but does not cause any build up in tall grass or brush. I notice that in very tall grass the mulching is only partial unless I travel slowly but otherwise it doesn't have any effect on mowing. If I travel fast in high grass I get "hay" that sits on top of the cut grass, if I travel slowly it mulches.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #653  
My Caroni "discharges" to the rear but rotates backwards (opposite tractor tires).

Same here on my Bobcat (Seppi) Flail. I believe this is also to avoid putting a rock between a rock and a hard place.

jmf

/ Let's talk flail mowers #656  
Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #657  
Didn't work for me either JJ

/ Let's talk flail mowers #658  
OOOOOOOOOh Can't wait. Got teh delivery date for our new Diamond Flail. Will be here This Friday, Training on Sat, hopefully Video on Sunday!

/ Let's talk flail mowers #660  
Well, just darn. I could forward it to an email address, if interested.

It's just a PDF file, all I did was copy and paste. It still works for me.