Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,691  
10:30AM Eastern Standard Time

No worries;

You are not ignorant my dear friend, you are in the process of buying a (very safe to use around 2 legged and 4 legged rug rats)
flail mower/crop shredder that will last you through several new mules.
==========================================================

It is $2,500.00 later and I will have a new propain water heater this afternoon.

When you get further along with this today tell me which model you wish to buy
before you pay for it as you will have to decide what options you want with it.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,692  
It is $2,500.00 later and I will have a new propain water heater this afternoon.

When you get further along with this today tell me which model you wish to buy
before you pay for it as you will have to decide what options you want with it.
Would probably be the FMH-175 if I go that route. It's either that or find another old Ford/Alamo/Etc, although I do like the look of the Chambers American I found. They're still in business they just don't do 3 pt implements any more, they have their own specialized mower carrier they build....

I can't really buy a new one till I sell the old tractor anyway though.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,693  
AHHHHH,

The major decision for you will be whether you want side slicers or the cast hammer knives
as the flail mower/crop shredder comes with hydraulic side shift as standard equipment.

Leon

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,694  
Would probably be the FMH-175 if I go that route. It's either that or find another old Ford/Alamo/Etc, although I do like the look of the Chambers American I found. They're still in business they just don't do 3 pt implements any more, they have their own specialized mower carrier they build....

I can't really buy a new one till I sell the old tractor anyway though.
Hey Nova,
I have a titan(now iron craft) Italian flail it has held up well for my 3 years. Bolts tend to loosen so have to check regularly. And I have been rough with it. otherwise it has been goood value

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,695  
Hey Nova,
I have a titan(now iron craft) Italian flail it has held up well for my 3 years. Bolts tend to loosen so have to check regularly. And I have been rough with it. otherwise it has been goood value
Appreciate the feedback

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,696  
AHHHHH,

The major decision for you will be whether you want side slicers or the cast hammer knives
as the flail mower/crop shredder comes with hydraulic side shift as standard equipment.

Leon
Local place quoted me $4500 on one. They're getting lead time Monday. Another place further out had them in stock but was around $5500....

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,697  
I guess it may be worth asking if your local dealer could buy it for you and trade one of thier inventory implements
for it just like they trade vehicle stock between dealers.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,698  
I guess it may be worth asking if your local dealer could buy it for you and trade one of thier inventory implements
for it just like they trade vehicle stock between dealers.
Possibly. I don't really need it immediately though, it is past grass cutting season after all....or at least I refuse to cut grass past september....

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,699  
Well, first place couldn't get a lead time from manufacturer. Another place, again a little further out, quoted me $4200 with it in stock. Long as my mill sells this evening guess I'm road tripping later this week.

After I looked I asked about the two bigger fmh units since I've got plenty of HP to run them. Not in stock with no lead time again though.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,700  
Is a used John Deere 25A, 290 or 390 out of the question??