Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,191  
You need to lower the rear roller to increase the cutting height and make sure the
gear box is level using the top link to level it using a small level.

The skids are not ment to be dragging on the ground

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,192  
So my Betstco FH-AGL165 arrived today!
Hope to get it uncrated and assembled tomorrow.
Congrats! I've been pretty happy with mine so far but probably only have about 6hrs on it. Mine was shipped without the PTO shaft but Betstco shipped it right out.
I did have an infant death on the side shift cylinder (leaking out the gland), they sent out a replacment quickly and without hassle (they accidently sent me the tilt cylinde the first time so now I have a spare!).

Watch the rod for the front guard plates, the retaining clip disappeared on mine and lost half the guards before I caught it, I've only found 2 of them so far, but its at a customer's house so I haven't been able to search a lot yet.
I also added a rubber guard for the rear to keep from launching stuff out the back.
20210518_124903.jpeg

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,193  
Flail arrived yesterday, just in time for a thunderstorm. So did not get it fully assembled yes.
Betstco 48 HD.
To be continued....
Picked up the same mower unit 3 weeks ago and other than the el crapo chinese belts it came with, it performs quite well. I love the way it chews the living crap out of everything it touches. I have a replacement NAPA kevlar belt # if your interested.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,194  
Picked up the same mower unit 3 weeks ago and other than the el crapo chinese belts it came with, it performs quite well. I love the way it chews the living crap out of everything it touches. I have a replacement NAPA kevlar belt # if your interested.

I am interested in the belt # if you have it, I ordered two extra sets with the flail but it looks like they only shipped 1 set. I wanted to get it out of the crate to make sure they didn't hide the other set somewhere before I asked.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,195  

Yup do tell for that number please.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,196  
Here is the NAPA Kevlar reinforced belt they matched for the 48" HD Flail mower.

Attachments

• Belt.jpg
    Belt.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #7,197  
Thank you MM for the belt #
I got the new clips on. Found one of the clips that fell off, it does not have enough "spring" to it.
The two hammers that broke both have 1/2 their heads missing, but the flail spins up fine.

I think I put the roller down too much so will lift it a bit to get a better cutting height.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,198  
When you lower the rear roller you increase the mowing height, you do not lower the mowing height.
Have you leveled the mower using the top link and a level on the gearbox to make sure the end of the
level is facing the seat of your mule????

if the mower is allowed to tip forward you will break more of the hammer knives.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,199  
I meant raise the height, cutting the grass to close to the ground.
Leveled left/right and fore/aft and that seems ok right now.