Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,251  
Hammers or blades? That mower looks like a first cousin to my Maschio. Some assembly required.
Hammers. Going to try and get it together tomorrow. It's sicma, so another Italian brand. Appears to be very stout

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,252  
You will love it. Mine cuts grass as good as my FM but will grind anything to a pulp. I see you got the slide version as well. Mine is 10' and weighs 2100 pounds.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,253  
You will love it. Mine cuts grass as good as my FM but will grind anything to a pulp. I see you got the slide version as well. Mine is 10' and weighs 2100 pounds.
I was worried about getting one to big for my tractor 55hp. So I got 5'. It weighs 1000 lbs. It might take me a little longer but I got music and cold drinks 😅

It's the ditch bank one. I needed for different areas on the property

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,254  
Let us know how you like it and some pics when you get it together and hooked up.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,255  
Man the heat is really getting to me. That and putting this together would have been easier if I had a helper. Almost done but I can't even touch my tools they are so hot 🥵. I hope it's worth it 😃

PXL_20210724_191419068.jpg

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,256  
Sorry to bump my own post.

To me the flail just looks better on the tractor than the RC did. I don't know why, I guess it looks like a real agriculture tool.

PXL_20210725_150808977.jpg

PXL_20210725_150755202.jpg

I know I will be posting in a week wishing I got a bigger one 🤣. Anyways this was the biggest ditch bank that was recommended for my tractor .

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,257  
I want to welcome you as the newest member of the "Flail Mower Nations" from the State of Tenn.

You will not be disappointed as you have purchased a high quality farm implement.
Once you become more used to using the mower you will be fine and you will not want
a bigger flail shredder for your mule.

Your mower typically will be raised to vertical for transporting it and it would be very
good practice for you to just drive around with the flail mower raised in the vertical position
with the three point hitch raised up half way and that will allow you to fully see how the
mower will affect the tractors movement as the slight swaying motion will remind you to
slow down, brake and steer firmly in the direction you are traveling in.
This also applies to operating in reverse with the mower raised while you are mowing a
brush line of weed trees to keep a path open.

Follow the manual directions for operation your flail shredder and be sure to watch
your ditch edges to maintain adequate traction and balance and you will have a
great mown area that will require little work as long as you know your tractors limitations
as far as following the centerline of the tractor hood making sure that the front and rear
wheels are on solid ground and your tractor is not on a side hill grade that is greater than
15%.

I would definitely want you to have a slope and grade scale that you can purchase from wallymart
or from AMAZON shipping it over night.
Buying it from amazon will pretty much guarantee you will have one before you begin mowing the next day.

If you have a weight for your pallet forks all the better as the front end will be in better contact with the ground too.

Your rear roller is set to mow very low and you will need to decide if you want to mow that low on your first mowing.
If you want to adjust it follow the manuals directions to reset the rear roller and then mow for a while and decide
if you wish to mow that low.
The major benefit of mowing at the lowest setting is that it will enable you to beat back the invasive plants like poison
oak and poison ivy and sumac.

Happy mowing.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,258  
I want to welcome you as the newest member of the "Flail Mower Nations" from the State of Tenn.

You will not be disappointed as you have purchased a high quality farm implement.
Once you become more used to using the mower you will be fine and you will not want
a bigger flail shredder for your mule.

Your mower typically will be raised to vertical for transporting it and it would be very
good practice for you to just drive around with the flail mower raised in the vertical position
with the three point hitch raised up half way and that will allow you to fully see how the
mower will affect the tractors movement as the slight swaying motion will remind you to
slow down, brake and steer firmly in the direction you are traveling in.
This also applies to operating in reverse with the mower raised while you are mowing a
brush line of weed trees to keep a path open.

Follow the manual directions for operation your flail shredder and be sure to watch
your ditch edges to maintain adequate traction and balance and you will have a
great mown area that will require little work as long as you know your tractors limitations
as far as following the centerline of the tractor hood making sure that the front and rear
wheels are on solid ground and your tractor is not on a side hill grade that is greater than
15%.

I would definitely want you to have a slope and grade scale that you can purchase from wallymart
or from AMAZON shipping it over night.
Buying it from amazon will pretty much guarantee you will have one before you begin mowing the next day.

If you have a weight for your pallet forks all the better as the front end will be in better contact with the ground too.

Your rear roller is set to mow very low and you will need to decide if you want to mow that low on your first mowing.
If you want to adjust it follow the manuals directions to reset the rear roller and then mow for a while and decide
if you wish to mow that low.
The major benefit of mowing at the lowest setting is that it will enable you to beat back the invasive plants like poison
oak and poison ivy and sumac.

Happy mowing.
Yes it mows to low. Funny thing is I lowered it quite a bit already, but it needs to be lower.

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #7,259  
Right now your beautiful flail mower is set to mow as low as possible as the rear roller is the same height as the side skids.

Do you want to raise the cutting height? is that what you mean?

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,260  
Right now your beautiful flail mower is set to mow as low as possible as the rear roller is the same height as the side skids.

Do you want to raise the cutting height? is that what you mean?
Yes bad terminology. I mean I needed to raise the cutting height