Lifting a 85" TV over Fireplace

/ Lifting a 85" TV over Fireplace #11  
I stand corrected, my install was for a 75" tv, weighing 45.4 lbs.

/ Lifting a 85" TV over Fireplace #12  
Could you ask a neighbor or two for some help?

/ Lifting a 85" TV over Fireplace #13  
Are you sure it weighs 110#'s? I installed an 80" by myself a few months ago, I don't think it weighed over 50#'s.

If it's more than you and your wife can handle, get two friends to give you a hand for a few minutes. Once the wall bracket is mounted, it's literally a 60 second job to set the tv.

My Sony 85" was right at 115 lbs with the mounting brackets bolted to the back. Try lifting that over your head, even with a couple people (remember the OP said the bottom of the TV will be 6' from the floor!).

/ Lifting a 85" TV over Fireplace #14  
If you already have a drywall lift, why not "work smart"? I'd probably wrap the screen in a blanket or something to keep from scratching. Just be careful transferring from the lift to the wall bracket, since at that height you're at least halfway up a ladder or standing on chairs to do the transfer & if you're like me, you'll be in the position least likely to give you good visibility or leverage for that last 1/2 inch of oomph.

/ Lifting a 85" TV over Fireplace #15  
Don't you like watching tv with your head tilted back? It's even better if you put your seating perpendicular to the screen so you have to turn your head 90 degrees AND look up all the time.

Depends on whether you sit in a straight-backed kitchen chair to look at your TV, or a recliner. I think most of us are in a recliner, tilted back so you are looking at the TV without having to tilt your head.

/ Lifting a 85" TV over Fireplace
Could you ask a neighbor or two for some help?
I am new to the neighborhood. I handed out Halloween candy yesterday and noticed the Dads walking with their kids were all in their 30's, but were not very sturdy. A local TV shop will come over for $200 to perform the 30 second evolution.

/ Lifting a 85" TV over Fireplace #17  
I would think that pizza and beer would get the manly types to help.🍕🍺🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♀️

/ Lifting a 85" TV over Fireplace #18  
I am new to the neighborhood. I handed out Halloween candy yesterday and noticed the Dads walking with their kids were all in their 30's, but were not very sturdy. A local TV shop will come over for $200 to perform the 30 second evolution.
👍. I used electricians to mount mine. They were in doing some other small items and I added it to their to-do list. Probably cost me $100.

/ Lifting a 85" TV over Fireplace #20  
A local TV shop will come over for $200 to perform the 30 second evolution.
I'm surprised a local company will even do it if you mounted the bracket (so not a 30 sec job)... Our company does this everyday for a living & we wouldn't even touch a display to hang unless we install the bracket... to much liability. And many times we will we will not install a display unless we know the bracket manufacturer (or supply the bracket).

I would think that pizza and beer would get the manly types to help.🍕🍺🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♀️
I don't know this is a bargain... I just picked up 2 pizzas last night & it was $47 + dollars... I add beer to this, I might as well hire the guys that have insurance...

IMHO... it is not just the weight, but the size, the awkwardness of the size of the display, the type of bracket it is & how it needs to connect to it & the comfort of doing it from a ladder. All I'm saying is safety first... if you're having doubts have someone do it. It's not worth the risk of injury (you can replace the display) but if one person is not up to the task it will not end well.