lifting capacity JD 750 with Model 67 loader

/ lifting capacity JD 750 with Model 67 loader #11  
FYI... If you push the control lever that moves the loader arms downward forward enough it will go into float and release all downward pressure. If I remember correctly there was a detent in the stroke, so there was some tactile feel the FEL is in float.

Was the float feature added at some point in the production run? I used to have a 750, but don't recall a float on the FEL, definitely no detent.

/ lifting capacity JD 750 with Model 67 loader #12  
Oaktree,

No idea when it was added. Had I never pushed really hard on it one time, I would never have known it to be there. I do remember the lever having a lock-out down near the spool to prevent it from going in float if desired.

The lockout was just a small piece of metal that created a mechanical stop.

There was definitely a detent to keep the lever in float, which made it much easier to use the bucket for snow plowing.

/ lifting capacity JD 750 with Model 67 loader #13  
I've got the same set-up as the OP: JD750 with JD67 loader.

My selective valve / levers don't have any detent for float on the boom (left lever), nor does it have the small piece that would have been the mechanical block for the float option.

Anybody tried to rebuild one of these 2-lever SCVs? I've looked around but haven't found a parts / rebuild kit.

Would love to know what other folks have done over the years.

/ lifting capacity JD 750 with Model 67 loader #14  
Post a pic or two showing the SCV valve that you have. Might come up with some helpful suggestions..

/ lifting capacity JD 750 with Model 67 loader #15  
Doh! Should have thought of that.

Pics attached.

Attachments

• 67 loader control  pistons.jpg
    67 loader control pistons.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 294
  • 67 loader selctive valve.jpg
    67 loader selctive valve.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 453
  • more 67 loader selective valve.jpg
    more 67 loader selective valve.jpg