Light Bracket

/ Light Bracket #1  

PJohnson

Tractor
GC2310
There have been lots of posts about lights and how to mount them. There is a board member who sells a pretty need setup.

In my search for options I came across the item in the link below. I am interested in folks feedback on the brackets and any experience you have with the company.

Many thanks

PJ

ROLL BAR MOUNTED LIGHT BRACKET PAIR FOR TRACTORS AND MOWERS

/ Light Bracket #2  
I have lights on my roll bar held on by u-bolts; not that specific bracket. They haven’t moved at all; no issues.

/ Light Bracket #4  
I don't have a need for rops mounted lights, but I do know Ken's products in general are high quality.

/ Light Bracket #5  
While the products from both vendors appear to be great solutions, they seem unnecessarily expensive for the function that they perform. As mentioned by seville009, I have square u-bolts that I purchased from a hardware store for less than $5 each, and the lights haven't budged even when running through tree branches numerous times. If I was mounting something heavier or bulkier than lights, I would think something more secure like kens bolt on clamps would be worth the investment.

/ Light Bracket #6  
Someone in one of these mentioned using magnets and that is the route I am going. I figure if I hit a tree or something the light will move. Plus I can move them quickly if I need to move them inboard of the ROPS or swivel them around. I bought a set of 88# magnets for for like $9 on Amazon (https://amzn.to/31XhJvZ). I think they are way over kill for the lights. I can't hardly budge these suckers. I hope to do the install over the next week or so. I will post when I am done.

/ Light Bracket #7  
While the products from both vendors appear to be great solutions, they seem unnecessarily expensive for the function that they perform. As mentioned by seville009, I have square u-bolts that I purchased from a hardware store for less than $5 each, and the lights haven't budged even when running through tree branches numerous times. If I was mounting something heavier or bulkier than lights, I would think something more secure like kens bolt on clamps would be worth the investment.
^
This

/ Light Bracket #8  
Magnets may seam like a good idea but if your Rops mounthing these i just see them getting tangled up in a tree branch and swinging down into my head.

U bolts. Dont drill your ROPS.

/ Light Bracket #9  
Magnets may seam like a good idea but if your Rops mounthing these i just see them getting tangled up in a tree branch and swinging down into my head.

U bolts. Dont drill your ROPS.

/ Light Bracket #10  
My bar has attachment points from the manufacturer. Not sure why all of them don't.

Like others, I don't see the need for purpose built moderate to high cost brackets. Square U bolts or Hose Clamps/Strap iron can be used for most anything we should be mounting. If it's too big or heavy for those, we probably shouldn't be putting it there to begin with.