Little help with 1425

/ Little help with 1425
yeah, im starting to think that when the quik connect got knocked off while running wide open that the other line (suction) was still connected and that that ripped a seal somewhere in the brush hog motor. I dont really know, but thats my hypotheses. Ill wait for PT to reopen and ask them.

/ Little help with 1425 #12  
The other line is just a drain back to the tank, so not actively sucking, but the momentum of the mower will have driven the motor as a pump for awhile vacuuming on the input hose. That is why I am concerned that there may be foreign objects in your pressure line or the pressure side of the motor. With luck, it is just in your hose, but I wouldn't put any money on the bet.

All the best,

Peter

/ Little help with 1425
Well its fixed I just mowed my heart out through chest high weeds. That never gets old. Anyway It turns out their is only a single 1 7/8 nut holds that 25 pound blade from coming loose. No set screw, no key, no cotter pin. It was loose and we tightened it down and everything is working like new. Problem was the 1 7/8 socket my farmer, neighbor, friend brought over wouldnt tighten the nut. Because the nut is set in the blade and only one of those pressed steel sockets, like for a electric hot water heater element, would have worked. So I sacrificed a wood chisel and kept hitting the corners of the nut until it was tight. he held the round shaft with a big set of pliers. There was only 1/2 inch slot to access to that shaft There is also no love joy coupling on my brush hog.
Ive never noticed in 30 years it had a greese fitting for the bearing. It took eight pumps of greese. Bearing had no play in it and was quiet. Now if my tires would just get here. Thre was piece of rope wrapped above the blade I never noticed.
I guess when the above mentioned log jumped under my machine this nut loosened up also

/ Little help with 1425 #14  
Glad you got it resolved. We'd like to see some pictures of your brush cutter. Sounds a lot different than mine.