Load Trail Dump Trailer with King Sides ?

/ Load Trail Dump Trailer with King Sides ? #1  

Haoleguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5325; Landini Mistral 50
Anyone own a Load Trail dump trailer with the king sides that go over the wheel wells? If so what do you find are the advantages? In my case I could see additional room for brush and possibly easier reach to tie downs at the corners for hauling small equipment.

/ Load Trail Dump Trailer with King Sides ? #2  
Anyone own a Load Trail dump trailer with the king sides that go over the wheel wells? If so what do you find are the advantages? In my case I could see additional room for brush and possibly easier reach to tie downs at the corners for hauling small equipment.
Haoleguy, (or anyone) what are "king sides" ?

/ Load Trail Dump Trailer with King Sides ? #3  
Haoleguy, (or anyone) what are "king sides" ?
From the photos that I have seen, instead of the usual vertical sides inside of the wheels, the steel is vertical then bent to come out over the tires then bent vertical again. I can see the advantage for the user hauling lightweight material such as mulch, perhaps garbage.

/ Load Trail Dump Trailer with King Sides ? #4  
Right, just like old time grain wagons. It really does only mean something with high bulk, low weight material.

/ Load Trail Dump Trailer with King Sides ? #5  
I have been looking at them also. Just wondering if anyone has feed back on load trail trailers. Or has a king bed. My thoughts are I could get by with a 12' -14' gooseneck and when I haul garbage the king bed would allow more cube ft of material. Yet be easier to load than a 16’ deckover to haul my ztr in or my Kubota b26. My idea would be a 12' with 8k axles but I haven't seen many set up that way.

/ Load Trail Dump Trailer with King Sides ? #6  
Take a look at Load Trails new roll off trailer.
Probably alot more versatile.

Matt

/ Load Trail Dump Trailer with King Sides ? #10  
I do. I have the 16 footer. It's a beast. The advantages are that, with the tall wood sides I built, I can load even more "light material" debris on haul away jobs (landscape tear-outs and such). Similarly when hauling straw bales I can get another row of straw stacked at the higher levels from the extra width.

Also, in the jobs where I haul my Track Loader with this trailer instead of my equipment trailer, I can maneuver my body around in the trailer better when loading and unloading.

It's a nice trailer, I don't see any disadvantages to it besides the slight extra cost.