Loader hoses

/ Loader hoses #21  
If you go through Discount, get the hydraulax tough(HT) or at least the 100R16 hose. The other hoses don't seem to hold up as well and are much tougher to work with.

I just did all my loader hoses on my L3240 recently after I blew a hose, looked ok on the outside but but still let go.

The tractor sites outside more then I like so I put sleeves on all the hoses for UV protection. Luckily I bought a hyd. hose crimper not too long ago so I can make up my own.
20211215_115254.jpg
20211215_154532.jpg

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Loader hoses #22  
Kinda hard to load when the loader is locked 😜

If the machine cannot yet lift the boom, then you are not going to get kil't by a hose popping. On my payloader, a 36,000 pound machine, I use heavy 5x6" ash cribbing to support the end of the boom and the bucket since a loader lock is not practical for a machine that heavy. Here is a video showing what I did to hold the loader's boom up so we could work on the bucket without getting squished dead like a bug if a hose popped and the loader and the 4,000 pound bucket came crashing down. If I was safer, I'd build up the cribbing stack and then drive the loader boom over the stack and then rest it on the cribbing the support my loader's boom. Anyway, I think it is an entertaining video.

/ Loader hoses #23  
When my tractor was new 20 years ago I covered all hydraulic hoses with split poly looming for wiring harness' and just used cable ties at each end to keep them from getting peeled off. My tractor has lived every single day outside since and I've only replaced 2 hoses in that 20 year period. The only 2 hoses not covered are the 2 short ones to my toplink cylinder and I did have to proactively replace them year before last as they showed MUCH cracking as they are short (18") and stay flexed sharply all the time. Those 2 hoses I bought from Surplus center at very reasonable prices. The other 2 I've replaced over the years I had done at local parts stores and they were very expensive in my opinion PLUS they didn't have the exact same fittings and were a real pain to install as they were larger hex size at the bunch on my loader valve and the hose was the next size larger to boot too.

/ Loader hoses #24  
On my B7200, the hoses started to fail at 30 years. Been replacing them as they leak. Have had no burst hoses or other catastrophic failures.

/ Loader hoses #25  
The loader hoses on my B7800 are original. The tractor has been outside in the desert for 17 years. They still look good, no cracking or bulges. I am concerned that one could fail causing the loader to drop. Cost at Messicks will be almost $500.

Your thoughts on replacement.
Forget it until one fails. There are local shops that make hydraulic hoses in every state I have seen. The connectors are "expensive" and the hose is relatively cheap. The nature of them is they start leaking and show cracks and give you some warning -- not a sudden failure -- unless you mechanically pinch them in a loader joint or something. And $500 is a factor of ten absurd for any one hose. You should be able to replace them for $100 most places.

/ Loader hoses #26  
The loader hoses on my B7800 are original. The tractor has been outside in the desert for 17 years. They still look good, no cracking or bulges. I am concerned that one could fail causing the loader to drop. Cost at Messicks will be almost $500.

Your thoughts on replacement.
My .2c worth.....if its not broken don't fix it. That said after 17 years having a spare handy might be wise. Not sure about your loader but many on mine are a common length with identical fittings. Are the hoses interchangeable on yours? Maybe get 1 or 2 and some oil handy. Other than that inspect them regularly for weeping at the fittings bulges etc and change then. Oh and like all loaders never stand under a raised one/never swing a raised loader over someone else's head

/ Loader hoses #27  
My .2c worth.....if its not broken don't fix it. That said after 17 years having a spare handy might be wise. Not sure about your loader but many on mine are a common length with identical fittings. Are the hoses interchangeable on yours? Maybe get 1 or 2 and some oil handy. Other than that inspect them regularly for weeping at the fittings bulges etc and change then. Oh and like all loaders never stand under a raised one/never swing a raised loader over someone else's head
One spare hose is worthless. Normally each hose has a different length and different combination of fittings than another. Like JWR, I do not even think about replacement unless there is failure. And every time, failure is detected because the hose starts to become "wet". That is the sign it needs to be replaced, but even before that, simple inspection normally can identify if a hose has some type of abrasion or kinking or cracking that will turn into a leak. Catastrophic failure? - does not happen unless there is a catastrophic load on a weak hose.

/ Loader hoses #28  
One spare hose is worthless. Normally each hose has a different length and different combination of fittings than another. Like JWR, I do not even think about replacement unless there is failure. And every time, failure is detected because the hose starts to become "wet". That is the sign it needs to be replaced, but even before that, simple inspection normally can identify if a hose has some type of abrasion or kinking or cracking that will turn into a leak. Catastrophic failure? - does not happen unless there is a catastrophic load on a weak hose.
When it comes to plumbing their hydraulics I am glad I don't own a Kubota

/ Loader hoses #29  
i second surplus center, the only time i buy from napa are when it absolutely has to fit an exact length or i need it right now. i actually have a few generic 1/2" npt hose and some fittings so i can make temp fixes while i wait for a surplus center order to arrive. i have even repaired equipment with their surplus hyd motors,pumps, valves and cylinders all great deals.

/ Loader hoses #30  
I found it much cheaper, on my 3930 with Quickie loader to find a local hydraulic shop and have replacements made per sample. About 1/3 the cost of going back to Quickie.
Yup, same here. My local Kubota shop made replacement hoses for a heck of a lot cheaper than that. It's usually not a catastrophic hose failure. More likely starts as a pin hole leak. You'll have enough time to reposition your tractor and move it to a shady spot to pull the hose. The frustration comes when it happens on the weekend when all the shops are closed.