Loader value (BL 150)

/ Loader value (BL 150) #1  

denjen

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3515ch
Thought would pass this on. In the past I wondered if I had an issue with loader bleed down, the dealer came out and replaced the original loader value which didn't fix the problem (it appears some loader bleed down can be expected, I had him test a couple of tractors he had on his lot). The issue was the replacement value was leaking, so he replaced that value and the replacement also lead.

I was tied up when they replaced them; but did notice that the line coming from the pump from the other side of the tractor (3515 CH) fitting into the value didn't have washer like the rest. I took it off and noticed it had just an o-ring on it and it was destroyed. I ended up getting a Dowty sealing washing and it has not leaked since. The guy at the hydraulics mentioned some manufacturers use a British style fitting that is a bit different (I didn't check this though).

adaptor.jpgvalue.jpg

/ Loader value (BL 150) #2  
Thought would pass this on. In the past I wondered if I had an issue with loader bleed down, the dealer came out and replaced the original loader value which didn't fix the problem (it appears some loader bleed down can be expected, I had him test a couple of tractors he had on his lot). The issue was the replacement value was leaking, so he replaced that value and the replacement also lead.

I was tied up when they replaced them; but did notice that the line coming from the pump from the other side of the tractor (3515 CH) fitting into the value didn't have washer like the rest. I took it off and noticed it had just an o-ring on it and it was destroyed. I ended up getting a Dowty sealing washing and it has not leaked since. The guy at the hydraulics mentioned some manufacturers use a British style fitting that is a bit different (I didn't check this though).

View attachment 703167View attachment 703168
The "British style fitting" that your hydraulics guy mentioned is likely a Dowty designed fitting.
Dowty was a British manufacturer of aircraft parts/fittings/etc., and was purchased by TI group in 1992.