Loader Valve Recommendations?

/ Loader Valve Recommendations? #81  
Glad everything worked nicely for you K5lwq. It was a long journey to get that valve just the way you need it.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking for a valve for my homemade loader and went to check an used one that I ended up getting for 40$. Heck of a deal. I believe it's of the loader of a CAT backhoe.

Anyway, when I got home and checked the valve, I instantly remembered about you. It had every feature you wanted minus the joystick or any handle for that matter. But I will build a joystick myself.
It a sectional valve with 3 sections, one come with float and anti-cavitation valve on the opposite port, the second one come with a relief valve for each port and the third one is a simple spool with no extra goodies. All came with dedicated load check valves.

It's slightly on the bigger side since it's a 18 GPM valve but I think it will work.

HPIM5342.JPG

/ Loader Valve Recommendations?
Glad everything worked nicely for you K5lwq. It was a long journey to get that valve just the way you need it.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking for a valve for my homemade loader and went to check an used one that I ended up getting for 40$. Heck of a deal. I believe it's of the loader of a CAT backhoe.

Anyway, when I got home and checked the valve, I instantly remembered about you. It had every feature you wanted minus the joystick or any handle for that matter. But I will build a joystick myself.
It a sectional valve with 3 sections, one come with float and anti-cavitation valve on the opposite port, the second one come with a relief valve for each port and the third one is a simple spool with no extra goodies. All came with dedicated load check valves.

It's slightly on the bigger side since it's a 18 GPM valve but I think it will work.

View attachment 575453

What a great find!! I am sure that will be a great valve for your project.

The main issue I had to overcome was space. I was determined to stay inside the footprint of the tractor. There just isn't a lot of folks making small monoblocks with the features and quality I wanted. Even stepping u to 16 GPM gives a whole lot more options.

Congrats on the great find and best of luck!

/ Loader Valve Recommendations? #83  
Thank you very much!

Yeah. It's a big chunk of cast iron. And it's really heavy also. But I can fit in the space I want.