Loading hay (pics)

/ Loading hay (pics) #21  
Hey D7E

Do you get two cuttings in usually up there? I'm in Syracuse and my hay man usually gets in 2 cuttings, sometimes 3. Just curious what your growing seasons like a little further north?

/ Loading hay (pics)
Usually 3 cuts but the 3rd did'nt get done this year as combining and tillage was very late so there was'nt time to do everything and the hay got ignored a little.

/ Loading hay (pics)
It does look like a fresh clear day out.:D

What size and weight would those bales be?:D

Notice the Radiator covers on the Trucks?:D

Egon...they are 8ft bales and the few i weighed are just over 800lbs

/ Loading hay (pics) #25  
D7...What kind of hay is that??? Alfalfa??? and where is it going? I thought it would be heavier than that. Only about 30,000 on truck.

/ Loading hay (pics) #26  
D7...What kind of hay is that??? Alfalfa??? and where is it going? I thought it would be heavier than that. Only about 30,000 on truck.

54 bales x 800# = 43,200#

/ Loading hay (pics)
   / Loading hay (pics)

It was going to winsconsin through a dealer..

/ Loading hay (pics) #30  
If you look real close at the pics you can see the tops of the alfalfa sticking up thru the snow.

Money in the bank... rolling out of those fields! ;)

I used to sit in haystacks hunting coyotes at those temps. Now, if it was +90F at that time; you'd have to call 911 for me... wouldna made it off the stack!

Heated truck - heated tractor. The only time it's nippy is when you strap the bales down. I'd do it for $175-$225/ton.

Thanks for sharin' - D7E.

AKfish