long term use

/ long term use #41  
I lost all my favorite pocket knives by forgetting to take them out of my pocket when going to airport...many years ago.

Joe nice that your son would treasure his grandfather's ring. We are in such a disposable society nice to see something kept a long time. Drew

/ long term use #42  
I lost all my favorite pocket knives by forgetting to take them out of my pocket when going to airport...many years ago.

Joe nice that your son would treasure his grandfather's ring. We are in such a disposable society nice to see something kept a long time. Drew

I’ve donated a few Swiss Army knives to the TSA as well. The last one was in Nantucket, I asked if they could put it aside, as I was coming back the next day. They said they couldn’t, it had to go into a drop box that they couldn’t open. The craziest part is that they said someone flies in periodically to empty the drop box, and dispose of everything “properly”. Our tax dollars at work!

/ long term use #43  
I’ve donated a few Swiss Army knives to the TSA as well. The last one was in Nantucket, I asked if they could put it aside, as I was coming back the next day. They said they couldn’t, it had to go into a drop box that they couldn’t open. The craziest part is that they said someone flies in periodically to empty the drop box, and dispose of everything “properly”. Our tax dollars at work!

"properly" likely means that "someone" takes it all home, to go through it and decide what they would like to keep.

/ long term use #44  
I've had to go back through security on multiple times (3), mail my Swiss Army Knife home, and go back through security. :mur:

/ long term use #45  
I was caught with a "Switch Blade" Comb and made to surrender it. A Comb, for Pete's Sake!

/ long term use #46  
I was caught with a "Switch Blade" Comb and made to surrender it. A Comb, for Pete's Sake!

About 6 years ago I was going through LAX to come home mid job. Went through security with my carry on Filson computer bag / briefcase with no problems. Got on board, took off, and went digging for my earbuds in the bag... first thing I grabbed ahold of was my SOG pocket knife... I almost blurted out WTF... I put that bag under the seat and left it there till we landed, with the earbuds. I do not know how they missed that.

/ long term use #47  
My oldest item is a 6 inch Bacho adjustable wrench that was given to me when starting as an apprentice mechanic in 1958. Still use it and it is a in perfect shape

/ long term use #48  
My home and belongings would seem like they belong in a museum to most of you. Very few of the items I use every day but some are used much more often than others. Lots of furniture from the late 1800s, wardrobe, dry sink, rocking chair, etc.

I bought my multimeter used in 1969 and I just replaced one of the batteries in it last year after 38 years of use in my A/C business and more years of home use. Many old American hand tools like Crescent brand wrenches and Stillson wrenches from the 1930s plus a 1935 Craftsman table saw.

A wine bottle opener that must be well over 90 years old and a wrench my father said came with either his 1928 Franklin or 1929 Buick that was the only tool I could find to disconnect the fuel line from the fuel pump on my 1995 Ford 7.3 diesel. In freezing weather I still sometimes wear my winter socks that I bought at a coon hunt in Pine Bluff, Arkansas in 1984. I use fingernail scissors that are way older than any of us.

/ long term use #49  
My brother has my Dad's Powercraft welder (aka Lincoln tombstone). I have my Dad's Powercraft 1/2" heavy drill. I have some of his old hand tools also.

The oldest thing that I use and is mine is a Fuller back brush my Mother bought me in 1964 before I went into the Air Force.

/ long term use #50  
The oldest thing I can think of that's in daily use is a ceramic lamp beside the bed. I have family pictures that have it in it from before I was born, so that puts it well over sixty years old.
Also have a Racine brand hair clipper that my mom had, probably from the 40's.
Out in the shop is a Sidney engine lathe that has a 1910 manufactured date on it.